PDA

View Full Version : Have not even started fixing a problem and I get another one.

ricardoa1
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Well trying to fix my starter issues, the car feels like thats not frustrating enough for me so it decides to possibly blow out a right front wheel bearing. I got this crazy vibe from the car and it just started to make sqeek and squak noises. I have not lifted the car up to wiggle the wheel. But seriously. :D Cammon can someone tell my why we like these cars? I spend more time fixing and cussing at it then having fun with it. Not even my wife gets me going like this. :(:(:(:(:o:mad::mad::o:(

Payton
09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Cammon can someone tell my why we like these cars? I spend more time fixing and cussing at it then having fun with it. Not even my wife gets me going like this. :(:(:(:(:o:mad::mad::o:(

Welcome to the club, Ricardo)
Because when it runs RIGHT, it's the best car on the road.

neverfastenough
09-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Thats weak, try spending over a grand doing a 5spd swap, just to grab 4th at 105mph and send a drive shaft thru the floor, while ripping it into two along with the yoke, AND bending the output shaft while shattering the tail housing, and sending half the drive shaft thru a new stainless resonator on a week old exhaust. To top it of, it was so violent it broke my e brake, VMM and dash surround. How bout that:D

Corey

ricardoa1
09-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Thats weak, try spending over a grand doing a 5spd swap, just to grab 4th at 105mph and send a drive shaft thru the floor, while ripping it into two along with the yoke, AND bending the output shaft while shattering the tail housing, and sending half the drive shaft thru a new stainless resonator on a week old exhaust. To top it of, it was so violent it broke my e brake, VMM and dash surround. How bout that:D

Corey

Although thats pretty hardcore it doesnt make my car any better. :p
Sorry for your mishaps. I know we all get it from all angles with these cars but damn I just want a break.

Thats is a hardcore failure no doubt about that. You fixing it? Get out while you can. LOL

Knightwing
09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
:eek: you all are beginning to make me nervous here... I am planing on building my car soon and it seems the more you do to them the more it breaks, ;) lol :) Do I dare build anything other than a stock SC :D

slowpoke
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
it has come to the point that when i wake up, i say OK what do i need to do on the car today lol. Its a mechanics dream come true and an idle drivers worst nightmare. once you start to get almost everything done like mine you get scared to play with it due to not wanting anything to break lol.

WhiteThunder
09-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Corey

Corey,

Were you down shifting, or upshifting?

My SC can come out of 3rd and hit 4th at 105 mph, but even with the cam in the engine, it's screaming at that point as in just shy of 6,000 rpm. (Professional driver on a closed course.)

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

ricardoa1
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
One wheel bearing on order. :mad:

MustangJake88
09-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Well trying to fix my starter issues, the car feels like thats not frustrating enough for me so it decides to possibly blow out a right front wheel bearing. I got this crazy vibe from the car and it just started to make sqeek and squak noises. I have not lifted the car up to wiggle the wheel. But seriously. :D Cammon can someone tell my why we like these cars? I spend more time fixing and cussing at it then having fun with it. Not even my wife gets me going like this. :(:(:(:(:o:mad::mad::o:(
Yeah hopefully my SC runs good after I get the plugs and wires in it. For some reason the temp gauge in the car is stuck almost on the red mark and it's really freaking me out. I know how these cars LOVE to heat up and grenade head gaskets and warp heads. I just hope it's my gauge messing up because the other night it took my car like 15 min. of idiling in a hot garage before the fan even kicked on in the thing and now after maybe 3 minutes of it idiling it's trying to tell me the temp gauge is almost pegged :rolleyes: A working temp gauge will be nice in one of these cars. I will ALWAYS be keeping an eye on that!

neverfastenough
09-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Corey,

Were you down shifting, or upshifting?

My SC can come out of 3rd and hit 4th at 105 mph, but even with the cam in the engine, it's screaming at that point as in just shy of 6,000 rpm. (Professional driver on a closed course.)

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I was upshifting, and it was a granny up shift. Cause was a u joint, the lifting to shift probably unloaded the stress and once back into 4th, boom. I Had it fixed the next weekend;)

Corey

ricardoa1
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah hopefully my SC runs good after I get the plugs and wires in it. For some reason the temp gauge in the car is stuck almost on the red mark and it's really freaking me out. I know how these cars LOVE to heat up and grenade head gaskets and warp heads. I just hope it's my gauge messing up because the other night it took my car like 15 min. of idiling in a hot garage before the fan even kicked on in the thing and now after maybe 3 minutes of it idiling it's trying to tell me the temp gauge is almost pegged :rolleyes: A working temp gauge will be nice in one of these cars. I will ALWAYS be keeping an eye on that!

Oh yeah I still have to deal with my overheating issues good thing is that summer is almost over.

S_Mazza
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
it has come to the point that when i wake up, i say OK what do i need to do on the car today lol. Its a mechanics dream come true and an idle drivers worst nightmare. once you start to get almost everything done like mine you get scared to play with it due to not wanting anything to break lol.

Aw, come on, be nice. :) It is, what, 18 years old? I know what you mean, there is a lot to take care of ... but I don't think it's too out of line for any car of this age with that many miles. Once you hit about 100k, it takes a lot of work to get it back to like new ... but then it will last a pretty long time, in my opinion.

Thats weak, try spending over a grand doing a 5spd swap, just to grab 4th at 105mph and send a drive shaft thru the floor, while ripping it into two along with the yoke, AND bending the output shaft while shattering the tail housing, and sending half the drive shaft thru a new stainless resonator on a week old exhaust. To top it of, it was so violent it broke my e brake, VMM and dash surround. How bout that

Corey

Wow! That's a pretty good (BAD) story. How did you get the floor pan fixed? You're pretty persistent for a young guy. Do you work fulltime?

neverfastenough
09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow! That's a pretty good (BAD) story. How did you get the floor pan fixed? You're pretty persistent for a young guy. Do you work fulltime?

No, Im a full time engineering student with absolutely NO money left:D

Corey

S_Mazza
09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
No, Im a full time engineering student with absolutely NO money left:D

Corey

Ohhhhh boy. That hurts. Well, good luck to you! ;)

XxSlowpokexX
09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Tell me abboouutt iitttttt

Tim Groth
09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
This is classic Rico...like every other thread you post is about you beating on the SC against others on the expressway and then it breaks ;):D:eek:. I've Passengered rides in your car and felt first hand the driving of Rico at Carlisle 07...the next day didn't the HG's let loose :D. I've even helpped push you to the show feild lol ;)...seriously you have bad luck and YOU ARE THE MAN for sticking it thru no matter what's tossed at ya.

I guess there's an old saying...it's not cheap to go fast. I beleive you've hit that level of performance with your SC. Stay strong, this too shall pass.

You have a VERY NICE SC, a wheel bearing is nothing but a thing in comparison to some of the items you've swapped or repaired...but I know how you're feeling right now.

My last SC was on motor 4 when I sold it to NASCAR JOHN...he called me this week and just informed MOTOR 5 was on it's way in...lol. Any other car would have been crushed...only a special group and a special car would still get tooled on and that's what we are and we own.

-Tim

ricardoa1
09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
This is classic Rico...like every other thread you post is about you beating on the SC against others on the expressway and then it breaks ;):D:eek:. I've Passengered rides in your car and felt first hand the driving of Rico at Carlisle 07...the next day didn't the HG's let loose :D. I've even helpped push you to the show feild lol ;)...seriously you have bad luck and YOU ARE THE MAN for sticking it thru no matter what's tossed at ya.

I guess there's an old saying...it's not cheap to go fast. I beleive you've hit that level of performance with your SC. Stay strong, this too shall pass.

You have a VERY NICE SC, a wheel bearing is nothing but a thing in comparison to some of the items you've swapped or repaired...but I know how you're feeling right now.

My last SC was on motor 4 when I sold it to NASCAR JOHN...he called me this week and just informed MOTOR 5 was on it's way in...lol. Any other car would have been crushed...only a special group and a special car would still get tooled on and that's what we are and we own.

-Tim

Cam let loose I wished it was just the HG, Thats the year Dave got the car I was serious about parting it out but squeezed me in to help the cause. Glutton for punishment. I got the neon together so I can go back to making the SC a Weekend thing. It surely sucks as a daily driver. That car belongs in the garage to look just purdy.

Duffy Floyd
09-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Glutton for punishment.

Hmmmmmmmm....is there an echo in here??????

TinManSC92
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
deffinately!! it's both heard AND FELT up here as well.
glutton; a larger than normal desire or capacity for....? i think we can all fill in the rest by now.:D

91SCNORCAL
09-05-2009, 11:56 AM
There an addiction you put way more money in them than there worth. Then you get it running good and its all worth it. Then it lets you down again. Deffinitly a love hate relantionship!