DS front wheel dragging

Pablo94SC

So I have had the car in the air doing some work and noticed the front wheels dragging. Take the calipers off and spin the wheels...bingo, bad calipers. I replaced them both and now the PS spins freely, but the DS still only rotates about 5-6 turns before stopping indicating there is still something binding up. No play in the bearing and no squeeling noises, so I've pretty much ruled it out. Before I run out and get another replacement caliper, what else should I look at that might cause the wheel to drag? Thanks.

PS: These are PBR dual piston calipers in front if it matters.

pull caliper off if it still does it its the bearing..And perhaps you need a good bleed and let everything settle in

I already did that. The wheels spun freely and without noise when the calipers were removed which is why I replaced them. I'm looking for anything else that might be causing the caliper to drag before I replace it a second time.

I've had brakes hoses collapse internally on a few vehicles that I had owned and worked on in the past that would act like a one way check valve and hold pressure.GM trucks were bad about this,but I've seen Fords do it too.......

I really hope not. They are brand new hoses on both sides.

I'm going to take the car to a shop today to have them pressure bleed the system and use my ABS bleed tool (I have a 94) to cycle the fluid out of it as well. I have a feeling something is fishy with the ABS system and that's causing part of the problem.

A good bleed is hard to come by around here. I found the best way to bleed the 93+ cars is to use a pressure bleeder, particularly when bleeding the ABS unit. I've found only one shop in town that has a pressure bleeder and they are closed today and tomorrow for Labor Day. Oh well.

Back