PDA

View Full Version : Looking better...........

nickleman60
09-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Than yesterday......did a little damage control today.............:D

Payton
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Than yesterday......did a little damage control today.............:D

Good stuff.

frdlvr30
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Take the Air dam back off. I liked seeing the FMIC....Doesnt even look like the same car now....

nickleman60
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Take the Air dam back off. I liked seeing the FMIC....Doesnt even look like the same car now....

Air dam is staying......................it's the flat hood that makes it look.........plain....:rolleyes:

Not to mention the license plate delete..........:D

I posted pics with the Saleens on the other thread in the non techinical forum.

JACTcoupe
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks good keith, You will get there!!!!

seawalkersee
09-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Were your fronts polished like that from the word go or were they like the crap we are stuck with on the 4.25 pattern? If they were, what did you do to get them to shine like that?

SWS

nickleman60
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Were your fronts polished like that from the word go or were they like the crap we are stuck with on the 4.25 pattern? If they were, what did you do to get them to shine like that?

SWS

I have the mustang hub swap and the front skinnies are aluminum spare rims from a Lincoln Towncar. I used Blue Magic metal polishing creme and put a 3" polishing cloth wheel on my drill and buffed them up.

nickleman60
09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
The more I looked at the 5" spoiler the more it looked too tall, my other one was 4" tall. So now it's 4.25" tall, a hair taller than before. The front air dam is now mounted permanently as are the hood pins.

Pick n Pull is half price through Monday................:D

frdlvr30
09-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Air dam is staying......................

Thats it...We break-up.

nickleman60
09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Thats it...We break-up.

You need to see it in person, front end looks mean and super aerodynamic, no license plate helps, and will only look better with the cowl hood. I also ordered the stainless steel letters for the rear bumper which will "pop" with the new paint.

mcate
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Giving in to the desire for bling?

nickleman60
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Giving in to the desire for bling?

:eek:...Just a teenie weenie bit............:rolleyes:

Are you going to bring your '95 to the Shoot-Out?

You better, it's only 45 minutes away.

Sign up and register because your car is the best looking sc I've ever seen, a trophy at the Shoot-Out would be better than that Beach Ford trophy.......:D

mcate
09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I haven't looked at the events. Is there a show?

nickleman60
09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
here ya go, now sign up.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/

You get a t-shirt and a plate with your name on it with the registration fee.

Roadhawg
09-09-2009, 05:22 AM
I haven't looked at the events. Is there a show?

Damn.......... take it up on the track!
I know there is some GO hidden under all that show.

mcate
09-09-2009, 06:26 AM
I haven't made a pass down a strip in years. I definitely wouldn't mind.....

nickleman60
09-09-2009, 08:13 AM
I haven't made a pass down a strip in years. I definitely wouldn't mind.....

Well................................are you signing up or what?

Calling Mike Cate............:confused:

mcate
09-10-2009, 07:45 PM
$50 is kinda steep for a show, & I'm kinda strapped right now. I'll definitely be up there, though, one way or another.

nickleman60
09-10-2009, 10:29 PM
$50 is kinda steep for a show, & I'm kinda strapped right now. I'll definitely be up there, though, one way or another.

For $95 you get a t-shirt, license plate, car show, run down the track and dinner, all of your toys and you can't afford $95?

metalman
09-12-2009, 10:00 AM
But, Jenro's is free. :) I'm hitting Colonial Williamsburg today, but plan to be back around 5 or 6 and check out Jenro's today. Anyone going.

BTW-My car is ready to crank over! I made temporary flexable downtubes just to start it, make sure everythings ok, and drive it slowly to the Muffler Shop to weld on real downtubes. Keith, I know you were interested in checking it out. I might do it this evening. Let me know. Z? anyone else?

XR7 Dave
09-12-2009, 10:16 AM

By all means come up, but just to put the cost in perspective, we pay more than that to attend the Carlisle all Ford Nationals and what do they give you? Admission to the grounds. You are lucky if you get to park with your group!

At the SC Shootout you get fully catered meals on Saturday, admission to a privately rented race track on Sunday, and the chance to participate with, support, and view the coolest SC's in the world, not to mention meet all the people who spent anywhere from 10x to 30x that much just to be there.

It always fails me how people that live close to the event can't afford the $50-100 to attend yet people from across the country have been scrimping and saving for 12 months or more to attend what can be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Mike, don't take this personal as I completely understand when people simply can't afford things and this is why I invite you to come on up and meet everyone on Saturday even if you can't afford track admission on Sunday. I just find it ironic that wherever we have the event it seems that local people can't afford to attend. ;)

nickleman60
09-12-2009, 11:12 AM
But, Jenro's is free. :)

Maybe, but Jenros isn't the Shoot-Out..........;)