dyno'd the SC

turboken

Since I bought the car with 102K on it, i put in a K&N drop in replacement filter. I thought it was stock, but it pulls up to around 13 psi in 2nd and drive. Still stock exhaust. I was able to run a 9.8 in the eighth, and when I dynoed it, it put down 199.6 hp and 269.4 lbs.-ft of torque. Is this about right for stock? Am i running stock boost??
thanks guys..

ken

well, your psi seems right. most of the sc's ive driven that were stock pushed about 12psi, so you arent far off there. however, those hp/torque readings seem pretty high, if that is infact 199 rwhp. if that is rwhp then i would definately say its not stock.

if that is infact 199 rwhp. if that is rwhp then i would definately say its not stock.

Those numbers are a little high but not impossible for a stock car. Each car is different. The SCCOO had a Dyno Day this week and I saw a stock 90 (Jason) pull 204RWHP and a stock 95 (Pat) pull 210RWHP :eek:

There might be some ugrades done to your car ........but what I'm saying is that 199 RWHP can be attained by a stock SC

My Car has nothing more done to it other than removed silencer and a K @ N panel filter and it dynoed at:
217.8 Rear Wheel HP
322 Rear Wheel Torque

and im not mad about that at all. :D
It just makes me want more. ;)

flaws

In side the engines are casting flows and not are the same all all parts and some cars just got away with less flows and flowed better. Like inside the head at the ports there are ridges and the same with intake.

Also the ic system. If this is not set up right ( the piping being matched ) it will create turbulence because of the lips that are sticking out and air hitting it.

Also I heard that these cars were supposed to be at 280 horsepower but ford couldn't have it faster than there precious mustang ( Hence the really restrictive exhaust ).

Ow almost forgot the restrictive intake part also( exspecially the stock air box ). Ford wasn't stupid they knew what they were doing and wanted to keep the 5.0 as there top motor. Who knows they are probibly 50 year old engineers who though bigger is better and that's possibly why they didn't make the sc 3.8 all that many years.

well that's my thought
Raymond

Last edited:
well mine dynoed at 206hp and 286t and all i have is a k&n filter that is it(well had now i have flowmasters and no resonator and 5% pulley

Back