Power Steering pulley question

XxSlowpokexX

Is it possable to install it to far in. I been having this belt issue where teh belt rides up on the alternator pulley. I thouht maybe it was a tensione rissue but its still doing it. Ive pulled the bracket off..Reinstalled it. Treid several alternators...

Do you think the PS pulley could have been put on to deep. I even pulled it off an reinstalled as well...But maybe for some reason its pressing to far on?????

Im going to try backing it off a bit. It looks as though its in to far belt geonmetry wise

What do you all think?

Not sure how you would install it to far. it should be flush with the end of the power steering pump shaft. Are you sure the pump is tight to the accessory bracket and the accessory bracket is bolted down properly to the heads and block? I've seen the accessory brackets on either side sometimes not get down properly because something fell between them and the block when putting them back on.

Mike unfortunately I hav echecked at least 5 times.

I know the pulley shoul donly go on so far.. But somethings up and I cant figure it out

As I recall, the 94/95 Alternator pulley has a different dimension from the earlier cars. I needed to get a spacer when I installed my under-drives years ago. I'll bet the Alternator pulley is the one that's off.

Actually the belt is moving towards the rear of the alternator. When I first di dteh swap all was well and between doing the cam and now it started happening. Thats why I think the PS pulley i son to much. Im going to pull it off a bit and see what happens

Actually the belt is moving towards the rear of the alternator. When I first di dteh swap all was well and between doing the cam and now it started happening. Thats why I think the PS pulley i son to much. Im going to pull it off a bit and see what happens

just make sure its flush with the pump shaft end. if its has it to far on if its hanging over gotta to get it on more. but depending on the tool it shouldnt let it go on to far;)

mine just started doing the same thing. tore up 2 new belts because the belt seems to shift up on the back edge of the altinator. shaves off about 1/16 of an inch. i changed the idler pulley i bought from bill at scp back to my old noisey one with new belt....all was fine.
bought new belt and decided to put it on with the new idler pulley ( figuring i must have done something wrong last install ) and same thing happens but, not right away. -2 DAYS LATER -
do a visual check of all pulleys and all seems fine with the exception of the power steering pulley. notice an ever slight wobble. at least i think. but why didn't it ride up on the pulley that same day. MYSTERY

Back