Found a some bad wiring

sts70004

So I was working on my heater core today and when I pulled the dash out, I noticed some really bad looking wiring on the passenger side. No wires are cut but the insulation is beat up pretty bad. I don't see any reason I can't patch the wires with some electrical tape, what do you guys think? I just have a feeling I wouldn't be able to handle a wiring harness swap.

Using tape is a time honored tradition...

As long as the wires are in good shape it should work, just do it carefully and then make certain you put a little extra over the area that is rubbing, or getting squashed.
It would also be a good idea to see if there is something in the area the harness lays in that is causing the problem. I found a piece of stiff insulation under one of the harnesses on the passenger side of my SC that had been folded and was causing a bind and rub on the middle harness. A little use of a razor knife to cut the fold and then a piece of tape to cover the edges and voila!! extra room for the harness!

Ok I thought it'd be ok. I think its the wires related to my hood light and trunk release switch. When I got the car the hood light was taken out and the trunk switch has never worked.

Back