wheel hop

ha ha

Had one and hated it :cool: but that would be a solution...

A quick answer like: air bags, pinion brace, rubber insert etc. would be nice though ;)

would also be easier than searching 550 threads yeah?

I remember seeing not too long ago that by reinforcing the jack point area helps quite a bit BUT: For details you will need to use the search function..:)

i dont really like the search function that much yea it helps but like stated you got to go thru 500 thread to see 1 answer instead just tell me what help is needed. sorry thats just a rant i had a bad day at work:mad:

or if you dont know the key words you wont find a thing...

Had one and hated it :cool: but that would be a solution...

A quick answer like: air bags, pinion brace, rubber insert etc. would be nice though ;)

would also be easier than searching 550 threads yeah?

You don't eliminate wheel hop, you minimize it. You've listed a few things that will help, so did Ricardo. There is no one thing that will do it. And what works for me won't work for you because every car handles just differently enough.

Most people say air bags and stiffening the rear suspension. I on the other hand prefer to soften the suspension and the tires. [shrug] Experiment. You have nothing to lose because there is no one thing that is going to stop it from happening unless you count not dumping the clutch as a solution ;)

Ira

lol

nice nice...good feedback...thanks!...I have an idea that my dad used on his 66 Vette but not sure how well it will work...he seems to think it will so if I try it and it works we might mass produce it...I will keep everyone posted on it

I thought I read a while back, Duffy said something about a Dual Mass clutch would fix the problem.

- Dan

hop

wheels and tires first, they have to be balanced, then mass balance, car has to be balanced center, if weight is added to rear and hop is less, then car is front heavy, a good alignment shop can help with basics, then it's bushings, ends, etc. also sometimes driveshaft can be unbalanced
GL

Back