Racetronix fuel pump wiring harness - install pics?

Pablo94SC

Ricardo (et al), I'm talking to you. :p Where are the pictures of your install? After searching for about an hour I can't find any. Don't make me look on TCCoA!

Ricardo (et al), I'm talking to you. :p Where are the pictures of your install? After searching for about an hour I can't find any. Don't make me look on TCCoA!

I dont think I posted any. It is super straight forward its all complete. YOu only really need to solder the wire in harness going to the fuel tank, I can look up the color in the book.

I routed it inside the car BTW. then i lifted the rear seat and fished it thru the big grommet that goes to the pump on the passenger side. It also gives you some slack to splice into it.

Thanks. I'll be buying one and installing it before the shootout so I was being lazy and looking for pictures instead of having to figure it out on my own. :p

Yes. Thats the one. It allows the fuel pump to get a Full 12V without it dropping due to a small wire. You cut the fuel pump wire and tap the heavy gauge to the side closest to the pump, and the other side going into the car you put the smaller gauge. The heavy wire then becomes the supply to the pump from the relay which is tapped to the Alternator stud or the Power distribution box stud, your choice.

I'm a little confused, but I think that'll make sense once I get the kit in hand. I'll be sure to ask though if I have any more questions. :D

I'm a little confused, but I think that'll make sense once I get the kit in hand. I'll be sure to ask though if I have any more questions. :D

No problem. You will figure it out once you get it. I can take pics if you really need it.

Is it worth doing? I can't see any reason not to on a heavily modded car. Kinda dumb quesion I guess. Any noticeable difference, or just a safety cushion?

Its safty but almost all High HP cars run out of pump due to inproper voltage. Our cars are old and if you are having a fuel starvation problem this will likely fix it.

Bump time. For those running/planning on running dual fuel pumps do we need two of these kits?

I dont see why. The wire gauge is pretty big on the kit and should be enough to power up both pumps.

I am almost certain that the stock wire will not be good enough for running the both pump at the same time.

Yeah I'm thinking Dave will be splitting the wire inside the tank, so you would only need one of these kits. May want to use a heavier gauge tho to feed both pumps.

I'm installing that kit this week I hope. Where did you tap into for the main power feed if you went inside the car.... did you send it out the firewall into the engine compartment?

Fraser

I got power at the Mega Fuse Stud. You will be running two wires inside the car the trigger wire and the power wire.. Same way you would wire an afermarket amplifier.
I ran mine thu the steering boot, when it gets to the rear seat I cross it over to the passenger side. THen feed it outside thru one of the plastic body plugs. Relay- I mounted on the radiator support next to the battery.

Back