PDA

View Full Version : Rare 2000 Lincoln LS 5-speed Ohio. Trade for Nice SC...

jamesgangel
09-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a dark maroon 2000 Lincoln LS 5-speed 118k miles, great shape, needs absolutely nothing, other than some blemishes here and there on the paint, but for a almost 10 year old car you got to expect that. Motor is quiet, clean, and doesnt drip a thing. Tranny is smooth, quiet, and doesnt grind. Paint shines tastefully though. Interior is great, and everything works, ac works great. Tires are like new, brakes are drilled and slotted, all around, with ceramic pads. Clutch is brand new, along with flywheel, slave, and emissions pump. Have receipts for it all too. Just looking for a SC that is in good shape, preferably something with some motor work, I dont want to worry about rod bearings and head gaskets... on higher mileage motors.. Been there about 3 times.. :rolleyes: But it doesnt hurt to email or reply to me with what you got. My email is jgangeltbirdsc@gmail.com or cell 330-564-5971 call or text anytime. Im located in northeast ohio. I can supply pictures to anyone who wants them via email.

Also headlights have paint matched eyelids, and grill top chrome piece was blacked out, looks a lot better in my opinion..

Pictures can be seen here...

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/tbirdsupercoupeohio/lincoln%20ls/

Thanks

NEEDaSCbad
09-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Does the LS have a sunroof?

I have a 94 SC auto with 156k. body is in good shape, interior is good besides driver side bolster (gray leather), white exterior. new motor mounts, new p/s lines, screamin' demon coil pack, scp high flow down pipes with dual in in/out resonator from magnaflow, new plugs, wires, decent tires, new brake pads, rotors, and calipers in the front, radiator express aluminum radiator. You interested at all?

jamesgangel
09-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Is that a stock motor, no work ever done? I just have had bad experiences with motors with higher mileage in the past, either rod bearings, head gaskets, or oil leaks..

NEEDaSCbad
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Completely stock motor, it seems to be doing fine. It will also have a new powersteering pump soon and would come with a 255 lph walbro fuel pump as well as moog sway bar links.

CaifanSC
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I have a dark maroon 2000 Lincoln LS 5-speed 118k miles, great shape, needs absolutely nothing, other than some blemishes here and there on the paint, but for a almost 10 year old car you got to expect that. Motor is quiet, clean, and doesnt drip a thing. Tranny is smooth, quiet, and doesnt grind. Paint shines tastefully though. Interior is great, and everything works, ac works great. Tires are like new, brakes are drilled and slotted, all around, with ceramic pads. Clutch is brand new, along with flywheel, slave, and emissions pump. Have receipts for it all too. Just looking for a SC that is in good shape, preferably something with some motor work, I dont want to worry about rod bearings and head gaskets... on higher mileage motors.. Been there about 3 times.. :rolleyes: But it doesnt hurt to email or reply to me with what you got. My email is jgangeltbirdsc@gmail.com or cell 330-564-5971 call or text anytime. Im located in northeast ohio. I can supply pictures to anyone who wants them via email.

Thanks

nice car you got there...just curious, the 5speed LS' were not mated to a v8 were they? I think i recall readign that the 5speeds were v6's? Regardless, good luck!

ricardoa1
09-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I would like to know if this 5speed can be mated to a V8 from a supercharged jag. That would be a neat motor swap.

Nice car good luck with the swap or sale.

BLOWN38
09-09-2009, 01:00 PM
5 speed is mated to the 6 banger. but the performance was about equal to the v8 in the earlier years.

sinhumane
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
from the looks of it ricardo, yes it does.. same getrag trans was used in the jag s type.

output is 232 hp, 220 ft lbs on that v6. duratec. damn reliable they are. :)

txsc
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm going to be in the Toledo area on business on or around 09/23; I'd like to see that car if you still have it. I have an extremely nice 90 that I just picked up last month in California. 81K miles, one owner (retiree) before me; hardly dirty underneath. Rust is an alien concept to this car. I have every scrap of paperwork since new, including the window sticker. Everything works and the car looks great inside and out. Fully loaded with all options that I can think of. Red w/black leather, automatic. Come to think of it, I'd really rather keep the SC. Do you have an outright price in mind for the LS? I'm a sucker for the DEW98 cars. I already have an 03 LS V8 and an 04 Jag S-Type. Always wanted one of the manual trans LS's.

JD

JJP90SC
09-10-2009, 10:38 AM
James, you have an email!:D

Thanks,
Jeff Parker
Columbus, Ohio

jamesgangel
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
first off ill try to reply to each of you..

needabadsc: if i had a second car I would, but having a 95 sc auto in the past with 126k randomly throw its bearings on me, I will just have to pass, thanks though..

to all with posts on the 5speed and v6 questions.. I would love to see this car with a supercharged jag v8 mated to the getrag, the performance difference would be nuts, and the car would hold its uniqueness factor.. haha.. what a sleeper it would be, a manual supercharged v8 4 door lincoln? people would be like :eek: you would have to convert it to a lsd rear end though, which can be done with 8.8 parts in the 8.0 case., read forums on people that have done it.. haha.

txsc: I cant sell outright since its my daily driver, but if you may send me some pictures, and any work done to it? motor wise?

jjp90sc: just now going to message you back..

ok that should cover everything and updated the post with the new link to pictures.. a lil dirty but pictures neverless

txsc
09-10-2009, 09:32 PM
txsc: I cant sell outright since its my daily driver, but if you may send me some pictures, and any work done to it? motor wise?

I really don't want to part with the 90 I just bought; it's just too nice a car to let go. Plus, I still have empty space in the shop that I need to fill up! Since you can't sell your Lincoln outright, it's probably best if we each keep our cars. Good luck with the trade; it looks like a nice one.

JD

jamesgangel
09-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Just now got to sending you that message, sorry man.. :o

RedSC93
09-14-2009, 09:51 AM
James, After we talked about a trade I'm just going to have to hang on to my car, just put to much time love money into it.

Thanks anyways,
Jerry

95_XR7
09-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Nice looking LS you got there.
I ended up buying an 02 LS V8 in black after watching the progress of QuickLS over the years.

brandywine11297
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
sending pm just for the heck of it.