SC got some attn, (Lightning, stang)

89tird

:::::::::::::::: all runs done in a closed street ::::::::::::::::::::::::

:D Hey guys, earlier this week I Installed some bigger tires on my 19 inch rims, the other tires the rims came with were looking goofy. anyways I washed the car yesterday and today the car was drawing a lot of attention.

I was taking my girl to work and in my rearview I see this lightning catching up to me fast, it was a really nice and clean 03/04 lightning white with a got boost decal in the back window :cool:. I looked to the side at the light, and it looked like a really young kid with his dad next to him, I quickly turned off the a/c and was waiting for the green I forgot to turn off T/C, I kind of cheated :( because I took off first, I guess he didnt want to race, but when he heard me accelerate, he took off, I held a 1 car lead all the way until 60 mph but that thing was catching up fast(Sounded awesome), I let off at 60 because my turn was coming.( it kind of felt like if my car was loosing its breath at 60)

next was an early 90's vette with fat tires in the rear, we were rolling at like 30, and he revved his engine and I gunned it, he didnt try to race me.

and last was a 05+ mustang gt with shelby tags, that thing sounded sweet, the guy was really starring at my car and revving his engine, I gunned it again but he didnt follow :(.

anyways im really happy with how my car is running, it has a lil lag when i punch it but once it winds up it just takes off quick.

here are my mods. Ported blower and plenum, 8% pulley, double I/C with fan running all the time, MP CAI, autolites 103 gapped at .40, splitfire wires ( waiting to Install taylors 8.2, dual in single out exhaust, new belts except sc, MP tensioner springs.

how fast you guys think my car is running ?

pics :D
000_0018.jpg

000_0020.jpg

:::::::::::::::: all runs done in a closed street ::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was taking my girl to work and in my rearview I see this lightning catching up to me fast, it was a really nice and clean 03/04 lightning white with a got boost decal in the back window :cool:. I looked to the side at the light, and it looked like a really young kid with his dad next to him, I quickly turned off the a/c and was waiting for the green I forgot to turn off T/C, I kind of cheated :( because I took off first, I guess he didnt want to race, but when he heard me accelerate, he took off, I held a 1 car lead all the way until 60 mph but that thing was catching up fast(Sounded awesome), I let off at 60 because my turn was coming.( it kind of felt like if my car was loosing its breath at 60)

next was an early 90's vette with fat tires in the rear, we were rolling at like 30, and he revved his engine and I gunned it, he didnt try to race me.

and last was a 05+ mustang gt with shelby tags, that thing sounded sweet, the guy was really starring at my car and revving his engine, I gunned it again but he didnt follow :(.

I am glad you had a good time.

But, am I the ONLY one confused by this thread??

Closed street?
watching a Lightning approach then raced from the light until you had to let off for your turn?

Closed street?
Rolling at 30 and gunned it but he didn't want to race?

Closed street?
the guy was revving his motor and staring you down but did not race?

This all sounds like you were out and about town. UNLESS you were in a ghost town that has a closed street day? But then I think the Vette and the Mustang would have jumped at the opportunity to TRY you.

I am NOT condoning some friendly light to light street battles, I am just confused as to why you would make such a HUGE deal out of ...
":::::::::::::::: all runs done in a closed street ::::::::::::::::::::::::"
Then give us some regular street grudge match and toying with a couple other cars who didn't think the Bird was worth their effort.

If you had a 1 car lead and the Lightning was coming hard... sounds to me like you need some tuning work! With the mods you have, I would not think a Lightning would hunt you down THAT HARD after a car length lead and before you hit 60.
If "it kind of felt like if my car was loosing its breath at 60" and "it has a lil lag when i punch it but once it winds up it just takes off quick."
THAT tells me you have some issues you need to get resolved.

I hope you get the bugs worked out on your SC, so much potential in these cars. I have never heard someone describe their SC as losing breath(unless it was at 140mph or having a LAG and wind up.

Good luck.

PS. the car does look good with the rims and tires!

it was a part of the city which is like a ghost town :D:rolleyes:.

who knows if the lightning was stock or not, it sounded really good, I was surprised my sc kept the lead that long. Maybe I do need a tune, I deleted EGR and I have a constant CEL light.

my car doesnt pull that hard after 60mph, I think its maybe more due to the sc pulley. I problably need an MP Inlet or step down to a stock 93 pulley.

thanks for the complements:cool:

Back