This is frustrating. Now it wont idle

Thomas95SC

I did some more checking, looked at the pass side ground, tried to check primary resistance of dis but couldnt figure out how(maybe someone here could explain), checked secondary resis. w/companion cylinders, same on all three sets of coils, looked for more vac leaks for the thousanth time, ran the car with cam sensor on, then removed plug for cam sensor and restarted, no change. Finally removed neg battery cable to reset computer and now it wont idle at all. I'm about to just break down and go buy a IAC valve just to see if that works:(. I dont know whats better, just keep throwing parts at it till it runs or take it to a mechanic. Heres a vid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/veAvEelc36M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/veAvEelc36M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You should skip buying the IAC until you see if the car will run with the bleed screw opened up some more. Be sure to remember how many turns it took to open it up so you can reset it if it turns out to be the IAC. There's a post about it somewhere under "setting the idle".

Take Fraser's advice on checking pressure at the rail. Could be crap in the fuel filter or on the pump filter (sock) as well. You'd be surprised how much crap ends up floating in a tank over the years.

fuel pressure is good 40psi off and about 36psi running. will check fuel filter.

Probably not the filters then. They would most likely clog when the pump is being commanded for more fuel. Check your crank sensor and HB/bolt again. Then unplug the IAC and open the bleed screw like I mentioned and see if the car will idle. One last thing, check the voltage at the TPS and make sure it's around .96v at idle.

Probably not the filters then. They would most likely clog when the pump is being commanded for more fuel. Check your crank sensor and HB/bolt again. Then unplug the IAC and open the bleed screw like I mentioned and see if the car will idle. One last thing, check the voltage at the TPS and make sure it's around .96v at idle.

HB bolt looks good checked it with snake camera. I cant really check the tps cause car wont idle (first video). Is the bleed screw the one that the throttle cable rests on?

Back