PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Tuning Training Session

fturner
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi Folks,

This year we're offering a training course on tuning your car with the focus on utilizing the Moates QuarterHorse and the BinaryEditor program. The class will be held on the Saturday evening of the shootout in the hotel.. further details will be posted on location and time.

Instructors:
Dave Dalke
Fraser Turner

Basic Agenda (This could change before the actual class)
- Introduction.
- Brief discussion on the EEC, mainly the EEC IV used in the SC's and the differences through the years.
- What is available for the SC for tuning, and how each pertains to your situation.
- What other hardware should be considered, both must haves and nice to haves.
- Introduction to the Moates Quarterhorse, and how to hook it up.
- Introduction to BinaryEditor and how to configure the software to work with the hardware.
- Looking at payloads for datalogging and pointing out key items.
- Tweaking the tune and bumpless uploads.
- Some short video's showing what to look for and how a change to the tune affects what you are seeing.
- General tuning discussion such as air fuel, spark and idle.

The idea of this training is to get you some hands on with Binary Editor so you can actually work with it while we demo. With this in mind, it is highly recommended you have BinaryEditor and the definition file(s) installed and registered on your laptop before hand. We won't waste any time trying to get your computer working during the class. if you don't have the hardware yet, thats ok as the main focus is the software.

If you don't have a computer but are considering trying some tuning on your own, you are still welcomed to join the class and you can watch over someone's shoulder.

The cost will be $75 per person payable at the beginning of the class (or sooner ;)). Please post here so we can add your name to the list so we can figure out how many folks show up.

Any questions please email myself or Dave.

List of Attendee's:
Fraser Turner
Dave Dalke
Ira Robinson
Chris Vining
Ryan Zimmerly
Dan Thornsberry
Ken Wagner
Michael Menke
Chris Wise
Tony Serno
CMac89
Pablon94sc
Kurt K
Scott Bruhn

(If your name is on the list and you can't make it let us know)

Fraser

fturner
09-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Conf room has been booked for 8:00pm Saturday evening. There will be complimentary coffee and water available.

Fraser

Pablo94SC
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm not going to be able to attend this one guys. Sorry for the late notice.

Dirtyd0g
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Any chance of this happening again?
Alan

XR7 Dave
09-26-2011, 08:37 PM
There is a chance....

Dirtyd0g
09-26-2011, 09:05 PM
I know I am not the only one needing someone to hold my hand through this....Plus look on the bright side you get to be our hero...again
:)
Alan

Miller
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
http://youtu.be/yCFB2akLh4s

ScrapSC
09-26-2011, 09:54 PM
I think it would be great to have a weekend of working on our cars and hanging out with the emphasis on tuning. Have a few others that know what is going on and have them "mentor" as well...

scskydivin
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
http://youtu.be/yCFB2akLh4s

I was not prepared for that, Hahahahaha!!!

Dirtyd0g
09-26-2011, 11:13 PM
That link won't open for me. I say we do it at the KY Horsepower that way we can race afterwards and see what difference we made. Plus it helps someone like me who is impatient.
Alan

Toms-SC
09-26-2011, 11:59 PM
In on this for sure.