Opinions on fixing the SC

Appreciate it.
Well, after I dropped the gas tank, I completely stripped the interior. Trunk and all. I pulled the carpet up. The trunk had a small amount of rust around the drain plug but I already stripped it and sprayed it so I don't get it again.

There's also a small amount of surface rust by the passenger seat. Looks as though something was spilled at one time or another. Besides that the car is clean.

The doors don't even have rust on the bottom edges.

New pictures uploaded to the web shots account.

Ehh. I ripped out the interior. Started checking it some more. Light surface rust on a few spots that disappeared as soon as I took a light duty wire wheel to it. Then I moved to the driver's side.

There's one section of the floor that was damaged who knows when, obviously by someone that doesn't know where the jacking points are. Not a big deal, but the seam along the inner rocker is busted. I don't think it'll be too big of a deal to fix, but we'll see.

I also said screw it and started smacking the rockers with light hits from a ball peen hammer. Those rockers are definitely toast. My only concern, is that on the passengers side, part of the quarter is also rusted through. Lovely.

Back