HELP! at the ircm wire 14 ? don't have wire 13 thru 16?? help needed

BECERRASC

ok guys i was gonna splice the 14 into the 17 on my 92 ..... but

how do i know witch one is 14... in my car there is no orange wire.... i found the pink one but no orange ...:confused:.... are they in certain pattern ?? so i can figured this out ... i don't want to cut the wrong one ....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ok guys i was gonna splice the 14 into the 17 on my 92 ..... but

how do i know witch one is 14... in my car there is no orange wire.... i found the pink one but no orange ...:confused:.... are they in certain pattern ?? so i can figured this out ... i don't want to cut the wrong one ....:rolleyes:

Not saying that what your planning to do is correct, but you can ID the wires by the numbers molded into the harness connector that's attached to the ICRM. Disconnect the harness from the ICRM to be able to see what your doing.

David

hey guys i just look at the ircm...

and theres no wires on from 13 to 16 .... i was gonna cut the 14 and put it in 17 ...but i don't have 14..... at the ircm ..... so how should i know witch one is the one to cut ???? and the 17 is yellow....

He just told you...#14 is tan with an orange stripe.

David

so it dosen't matter if is in #8 or #20???? this TAN / ORANGE?? DAVID?

ok i find the tan/orange .....now theres a cable on 17 ...... but it's yellow...? it's this the one i need to ???

Last edited:
so it dosen't matter if is in #8 or #20???? this TAN / ORANGE?? DAVID?

The position matters...I'm just trying to help you locate the wire by color if you can't find it by the number on the harness.

David

PS: I think you are reading the wrong row of numbers, or you aren't on the correct harness. The IRCM is located behind the passenger side headlight, forward of the air cleaner box.

Last edited:
The position matters...I'm just trying to help you locate the wire by color if you can't find it by the number on the harness.

David

ok on my 89 it's there the 14 and is tan/orange and the 17 is pink i am so :confused:..... may be i should go around this one...:( thanks any way

i am sure what eh ircm is and is located......but the wiring is just way different....

Is there a green wire next to the yellow 17 you found?, maybe you are counting them wrong, don't know just trying to help

green

no there are numbers in the harness and in ircm too ....

12 is black then empty 13 to 16 and 17 is yellow ... next one is pink/other color ....

get a test probe or multi meter, and check the suspect wire during normal fan operation. Should tell you something.

Since the IRCM gets activation via ground signals, you could also cut the suspect wire, and ground the ircm side. If the fan kicks, jackpot. Lil risky, but it will work none the less.

Cutting and splicing like you are talking about should only be done as a temporary measure. Running the low speed fan all the time is not a good thing because it could stop the car from getting to a proper operating temperature and you could damage the motor with excessive fuel enrichment. Also, there is a reason for the computer shutting the fan off above speeds of 45mph, because the fan becomes a restriction to air flow above those speeds and you'll end up running hotter.

If your car is over heating then get it fixed properly. If you get a chip installed and put a 180 tstat in the car and everything is working as it should even on the hottest days the temp shouldn't go over 200F

Fraser

Fraser just said what I've been wanting to say sine I saw this thread.

I did exactly what he mentioned (180 t-stat and a chip) and my temp gauge never even touches the "N". That's the right way to do it.

Back