Stock blower tops. Just bought an extra one that's been messed with.

MustangJake88

I just bought an extra blower top for ten bucks. The previous owner ported it out a little and eliminated the three fins inside the top. Will this make ANY power difference if I install it? I heard the fins create a little bit of a restriction.

I just bought an extra blower top for ten bucks. The previous owner ported it out a little and eliminated the three fins inside the top. Will this make ANY power difference if I install it? I heard the fins create a little bit of a restriction.

Actually the fins help straighten and guide the air stream. They are not a restriction. Ford does do some homework when engineering parts

Ken

No. U won't see any performance from it. I believe they're there to direct flow. Either way, they're there for a reason.

Where did u read they were a restriction ?

Actually the fins help straighten and guide the air stream. They are not a restriction. Ford does do some homework when engineering parts

Ken

they are a restriction for the benefit of directing air flow. so yes in this matter ford did something right. its good thinking trying to get less in the way of air flow but in this case they do serve a small purpose. only reason i could think that they would have done that is if they had like 20+ od in such case they should have spread the butt cheeks a lil and just get the raised top for these super chargers.

Ah thanks guys. I didn't read anywhere that they were a restriction. Just heard from another fellow Super Couper. Thought maybe I would throw it on since I don't have the money for a raised top. It's not going on now! lol

yea, whenever i show someone my motor, they always point out the "huge" supercharger top. i say, "yea it looks nice but it doesnt do a damn thing!".

yea, whenever i show someone my motor, they always point out the "huge" supercharger top. i say, "yea it looks nice but it doesnt do a damn thing!".

its proven they do something. they line some fat cats pockets due to the fact they are way over priced imo.

Back