Question on parts.

Johnny_Squirrel

I finally brought my SC to Mills Ford (really really big dealership/repair center) and had them diagnose a ton of crap for me. They checked my clutch for me and determined it to be very near death, so I'm going to hopefully have them replace it before I leave for college...in a week...

I plan to have them put a factory clutch setup back in. It would have been nice to look into other clutches, but I don't have the time or money. A factory clutch should work and last a long time right? I think the car is still on the original clutch and has 114,000 on it.

Also, since my snout seal decided to crap out I've been looking everywhere for a replacement. Places like NAPA didn't even LIST the seals, so while I was at Mills I had them do some searching. It took a while, but we found a complete seal set for the charger for $33 plus tax. I had them order it, so I'm hoping it has at least the snout seal in it. Where did everyone else find the seal?

On a final note, they put a dye in my engine to find where my oil leaks were, and I got an interesting answer.

"We see the dye coming from everywhere, and the best way to fix all of those seals is to pull your engine and..."

...uhh, no. I'd love to have all of my oil seals replaced, but I'm leaving for college, in a week, so no way. I may try and do my valve covers before that, but the whole engine? No.

Anyway, if anyone could give me a little input on the stock clutch and SC seal stuff, that would be cool. And please don't reply with "duhm-ahss, doo a serch..."

Thanks!

-Chris

Get a price on the factory clutch first. Most often, you can get a quality aftermarket piece for a similiar price. Supercharger seals I carry, there is only one in the snout so if they are getting a seal set, be wary.

P.S. Make sure they put a new slave cylinder in with the clutch.

Back