PDA

View Full Version : Cel off, tach works, and starts every time

JACTcoupe
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Ok so a few you guys know I have been going round and round with my starting problem. So the other day I went to race an 03 Cobra(Its a hole another story) And my car wouldn't start. So I'm sitting her if front of this 60k car looking like a retard. After that I was like I got to get this fixed. Also on top of that, the guy I was racing (used to own a SC) said I wasn't running the motor out. NO I felt like I was, but to tell you the truth I had no ideal. SO last weekend Z gave me a new sensor harness. But it didn't fit. I guess somewhere is the year, as with everything they changed it. So I could not put it in. SO I started hunting the forums. I found some useful info that turn everything around. Well I guess these car will run with no cam sensor hook up. But it will be HARD TO START WITH NO TACH. So I was Hmmm I unplugged sensor, and nothing changed. Then I look at the connector and two out of 4 pins where missing! I found my problem. So then I cut the old one off, and spliced in a the one from the new harness. SO now all is fix :D.

The only reason I typed this long run on of words. Is cuz I had few people trying to help and Im sure they would be interested on what happen.
Thanks Keith and Z for everything!!!

z90sc
09-17-2009, 11:41 AM
....no problem....glad you got it fixed.....now enjoy that car.......
z

nickleman60
09-19-2009, 12:51 PM
....no problem....glad you got it fixed.....now enjoy that car.......
z

...........before it breaks again................:D

Toxic281
09-19-2009, 02:19 PM
put some nos on it :) (joke) congrats on the fix