how do these plugs look?

Thomas95SC

They look pretty sooty and smells kinda gasy?? They are autolite double platinum #2544. Are those good?

Attachments

• tom 001.JPG
    tom 001.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 84
It may be running a little rich. How old are they? Mods? If plugs are out, put in autolite 103s gapped at .38 these are colder plugs and proven to work excellent in sc's

It may be running a little rich. How old are they? Mods? If plugs are out, put in autolite 103s gapped at .38 these are colder plugs and proven to work excellent in sc's

Just recently bought, dont know how old they are. No mods stock. Do these need to be double platinum? What brand wires should I get? I heard motorcraft or even autolite wires were good.

103s are copper. There is no real benefit from the double platinum. If you are going to keep it stock, stock plugs are fine, but I would personally still run the 103s. As for wires, I use the livewires sold at supercoupeperformance.com others have had good luck with Taylor wires also. I had magnacore 8.5s for a few years but the end connector broke after removal a few years later. I have heard of people breaking the stock wires just putting them on.

I currently have Autolite wires on my SC. If keeping the ignition stock then they will be fine.

Back