front end suspension/lowering

spetz01

I replaced my "lowering" springs with some Eibachs last week or so. The first set I bought seemed to raise the car 1 1/2"s instead of the opposite desired effect. I hated it. So I found some locally and put them on.

Looks better, but needs an alignment big time. This is when I found out I need upper control arms. I was surprised that the parts list stopped there. The shops quote to replace and align was $900.00, I can get the arms for about $300.

Is there something I can do to "one up" stock parts? I looked at SCP and all he really has is bushings.

Any other ideas for front end improvements while its all apart?

~~~???

$900???

Upper control arms with balljoints in them(they only come that way) are $40 at O'Reilly's and you can put them in yourself.

Find them on EBAY new in the box(NIB) for anywhere from $10-30 just watch the shipping does not make them more than you can buy at the local parts store.

Oh I know..my ~~~ was clenched so tight while they were quoting the price.

I think my laughing cutting him off while he was at "It will be about nine hun-".

Please put it back on the ground, I'm coming for her.

You should be able to get MOOG for close to $100 each side.

$900, sounds like Monroe here where I live. Bunch of rip offs.

And BTW, when did we start getting the "exotic tax"?

Just don't go with ebay control arms....They are junk!
Moog or Motorcraft is the way to go, for $12 more I would go with the Motorcraft units....driverside is a pain with the ABS in the way:eek:

Rockauto sells Motorcraft Upper control arms......

MOTORCRAFT Part # MCS10763 {Control Arm w/Ball Joint #F3SZ3V085A}
Front Left Upper $48.99
MOTORCRAFT Part # MCS10764 {Control Arm w/Ball Joint #F3SZ3V084A}
Front Right Upper $48.99

Back