Need some bolt help QUICK!!!

Condor232

I am putting the timing cover on the new motor, and I am at a dillema with the water pump bolts. I have 3 studs, no nuts on them, two on the left side in the water jackets, one on the right side.

What does the other stud look like I need on the right side? And besides the regular length water pump bolts that bolt into the cover, what else is there?

PICS ARE APPRECIATED!

Pic is below of what I have

Attachments

• parts0010.jpg
    parts0010.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 84
There are only 3 studs One should have a nut welded on it. Here is a picture of how it goes back together. The picture is a EFI engine, but it's close enough to the SC to get you back together.

Attachments

• waterpump.gif
    waterpump.gif
    59.8 KB · Views: 86
There are only 3 studs One should have a nut welded on it. Here is a picture of how it goes back together. The picture is a EFI engine, but it's close enough to the SC to get you back together.

I've seen the diagram for the SC model as well, I guess from that diagram I would be missing #10. I want to know what it looks like because I have a billion bolts with nuts have the way down.

I've seen the diagram for the SC model as well, I guess from that diagram I would be missing #10. I want to know what it looks like because I have a billion bolts with nuts have the way down.

Maybe some of these will help....

Attachments

• 0007-install.JPG
    0007-install.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 77
  • car pictures 042.jpg
    car pictures 042.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 103
  • enginestandpass.jpg
    enginestandpass.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 69
#10 and #9 are bolts that have nuts welded onto them. Though on one of my cars, that had been replaced by someone once, so I only had one stud with a nut welded on it, the others were studs with nuts.

The length of the stud or bolt is somewhat critical, as some of the holes are deeper than others, as such some of the bolts are deeper than others. Which is which I don't recall, and I figured out through trial and error.

Back