First time the SC made it to the track

Dahoopd

The car held together for two weeks so I took it to the track. Im not very good at racing a 5-speed as I tend to get over zealous at the line. Not to mention 18 inch street tires have no traction. Anyway, I was hoping to hit mid to low 13's but I guess I will have to settle for 13.7's. Maybe with some decent tires I can do a bit better.

1st run
R/T .684
60' 1.997
330 5.733
1/8 8.855
MPH 79.43
1000 11.511
1/4 13.79
MPH 98.73

2nd run
R/T .203
60' 2.149
330 5.891
1/8 8.979
MPH 80.61
1000 11.597
1/4 13.83
MPH 99.33

Glad to hear all went well, Damien. Those times are good for the first time out on street tires.:cool:

Dave,

I really had planned on it but I had to burn up my vacation time earlier this year. Last year I didnt have the money and this year it was time off. I am hoping things come together for next year.

Chris,

I think the gearing is hurting me also. The 3:27's are wasting first and I am trapping in 4th at like 4k.

we have very close to the same mods.

unless your member page isnt up-to-date ?

The page is up to date other than mufflers being hacked off and a muffler in place of the resonator.

You have a little more blower and injectors than I do and im running a stock pump.

Those ETs look pretty good given a relatively low mph. By contrast my car is only 13.6 on street tires but is trapping in the high 104s. Sounds as if your driving is probably pretty good.

Those ETs look pretty good given a relatively low mph. By contrast my car is only 13.6 on street tires but is trapping in the high 104s. Sounds as if your driving is probably pretty good.

There was an SRT4 next to me on the 13.8 run that should have smoked me but I got him by like 5 car lengths. He ran a 14.7 @ 100.27 mph with a 2.666 60'.

A 1.9x 60-foot time on street tires is quite good for an SC. I've never done better than 2.02. Whatever you did that time, keep doing it!

I guess it IS possible to get under a 2.0 60 foot with a 5-speed car. :eek:

I just wish their were more local guys so I could borrow a set of DR's to try one night. I rarely race so it doesn't justify buying a new set of tires, but I would love to see what the best time is I can get from what I have.

I just wish their were more local guys so I could borrow a set of DR's to try one night. I rarely race so it doesn't justify buying a new set of tires, but I would love to see what the best time is I can get from what I have.

You just want to break more chit, don't you? :rolleyes::eek::D

You just want to break more chit, don't you? :rolleyes::eek::D

Gluten for punishment. I think I can get a 13.2 with some good tires. Than I want to add a good set of heads and a cam that match my mods and Im done for the modding.

so how bout that tune ?

do you have one ?

Its a DD mail order tune. I don't even know what the A/F is at. Its the same mods except the blower, injectors and fuel pump. I have a 255 but I am too lazy to put it in. I don't have the means to get the car up high enough to install it.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. What is wheelspin protecting at the moment? :rolleyes:

Whos cares, the ~~~ is finally running good. Its time to break some chit and see what kind of time I can get outta my chit. Than when I fix it again there will be no need to wonder.

Back