PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for my bird

BArtkowsky
09-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I was in an accident on thursday it doesnt look that bad really but the estimates are for $3424 and $3870... so Ins will prob total it

BRIAN WALTER
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Depending on your insurance they should be able to write off an amount without totaling it.
ex.If the highest value is say $3k then its possible they can give you $2k without salvaging the title etc.
Sorry to hear that's a very nice looking bird!

thunderkid84
09-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh man that's terrible. That thing was spotless.

Show your insurance company the production numbers on ur car and pics from before the wreck. Obviously it was in excellent condition.

I've seen ppl get their sc fixed with about the same cost in damages.

BArtkowsky
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
only thing was it already has an r title from when they totaled it when hurricane ivan hit and flooded it out

92sclikenew
09-19-2009, 04:06 PM
only thing was it already has an r title from when they totaled it when hurricane ivan hit and flooded it out

is it to bad to fix your self? instead of losing your car :rolleyes:

all i see wrong is the bumper is scuffed up and the hood is dented pretty good and it needs a new head light. prob a header panel also. i bet you could get that all at a junk yard for under 300 paint is the only thing that will cost you more.

BArtkowsky
09-19-2009, 05:23 PM
needs hood, fender, bumper, headlight and mounting support, turn signal light, rad support is dented in behind headlight

92sclikenew
09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
needs hood, fender, bumper, headlight and mounting support, turn signal light, rad support is dented in behind headlight

does sound like alot:o

Mike8675309
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
does sound like alot:o

Hood is under $700. If you can find one sitting in a dealer near you, they'll cut you a deal to get it out of their building. Otherwise aftermarket hoods are available. Header panel can be had from a salvage yard for $35. Any MN12 of similar vintage should work. Doesn't need to be an SC, but likely needs to be a tbird. Fender can be from any MN12 and can be found at junk yard for $25. Headlight and turn signal are cheap. Plan on doing both otherwise it looks weird with one new and one old.

Figure paint, if they pay you $3500 for it and you buy it back for $300, you should be able to get it back in shape for under $3000 if you can find a guy to deal with on the paint and pull out that radiator support.

S_Mazza
09-19-2009, 08:22 PM
The only things I would be worried about are the radiator support and the paint. Everything else is eeeeasy. You can get aftermarket hoods, but they don't all fit right. I would get clean OEM used parts before the new aftermarket ... if you can find them.

Regul8r
09-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Strip it down and deliver it to a body shop that can pull it out.
Maybe have them do the header panel so they make sure it is straight.

don't let them total that car!

Tim Groth
09-20-2009, 01:56 PM

I Have everything you need minus the Fender and Headlight in the same color code with nice paint from the 93 Parts car I have.

Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested. I'd even be willing to drive half way to meet up and get ya the parts.

-Tim

the-big-e
09-20-2009, 09:27 PM
How is the structural part of the inner bumper where it attaches to the frame....:confused:

I just supplied all the parts to a buddy of mine that looked like the same damage as yours....

When they got the bumper cover off, they noticed the metal bumper was knocked back.....

BArtkowsky
09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
well adjuster came to my job today and low and behold didnt total it! he said if the damage would have been around two hundred dollars more it would have been totaled. It was teettering on the edge of totaled... Anyways I left work today and was crusing down rt 28 on my way to the junkyard to see what all i could find n what they had, and my front tire blows out, i changed it and i checked the air in the spare and it was like 5-10 psi luckily i made it to the one garage where they hooked me up with some air! but the junkyard has a 95 white anniversary edition in there. I was wondering other than the
Fenders,
Hood,
Headlight panel,
Headlights/turn signal lights, and
bumper cover

would i need anything else to convert it from the 92 to 95 front end? I can get a really good deal on these parts.....

are the inner bumpers (underneath covers) front and rear the same for both years?

What is the easiest way to convert the dual single beam headlights on the 92 to the single dual lamp of the 95?

I know if i looked hard enough guys i could find this info on here most def but i really have alot to do and not much time to do it so any help would be greatly appriciated...

BArtkowsky
09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
and the rad support isnt that bad its not pushed back it is just dented in the front so thats a plus

Tim Groth
09-21-2009, 07:16 PM
well adjuster came to my job today and low and behold didnt total it! he said if the damage would have been around two hundred dollars more it would have been totaled. It was teettering on the edge of totaled... Anyways I left work today and was crusing down rt 28 on my way to the junkyard to see what all i could find n what they had, and my front tire blows out, i changed it and i checked the air in the spare and it was like 5-10 psi luckily i made it to the one garage where they hooked me up with some air! but the junkyard has a 95 white anniversary edition in there. I was wondering other than the
Fenders,
Hood,
Headlight panel,
Headlights/turn signal lights, and
bumper cover

would i need anything else to convert it from the 92 to 95 front end? I can get a really good deal on these parts.....

are the inner bumpers (underneath covers) front and rear the same for both years?

What is the easiest way to convert the dual single beam headlights on the 92 to the single dual lamp of the 95?

I know if i looked hard enough guys i could find this info on here most def but i really have alot to do and not much time to do it so any help would be greatly appriciated...

All the parts are interchangable, the 94-95 have foam bumper pads where the 89-93 have a plastic honeycomb pad, so you would need to swap those out. All the parts would be plug and chug otherwise.

I beleive they made a harness to convert the headlights from early style to newer style also... I would try to grab the wiring from the parts car and splice it in. I'm sure someone on here could show you the way on doing so.

-Tim

S_Mazza
09-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Awesome! So glad to hear it isn't totaled.

You know, when I had an adjuster look at my car once, he actually asked me, "Do you want to keep the car?" ... I don't know what he could adjust, but he obviously had some latitude that he could exercise ...

BArtkowsky
09-22-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah lol, he told me that since it was in such good shape he could go either way and he said it would not have taken very much more to total it since the estimate was 2500 some dollars, and my car has like 187k some miles n i drive it every day too...!!! (until something breaks and it sits for a few months/years... lol)

BArtkowsky
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
almost wrecked again today goin down 28 after work, damn drivers inner tie rod almost busted couldnt go over 35-40mph and had to stop at my grandmas cause i couldnt make it home, but its fixed now

mikedenton49
09-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Thats great. Glad there not guna ty n keep it from you. Just one reply. I hope someone agrees with me. WHY IN THE HELL would you wanna put on a 94 front end. ewwww. yucky. sorry. But for real.:o

BArtkowsky
09-24-2009, 10:44 PM
well i might as well be married to my damn car cause i guess its till death do us part... I do like my style front end but sometimes it makes me feel like im drivin around an Iroc Z camaro with T tops n a mullet, I will pull it off ill make the new front end look good... I do need to buy black fabric dye though cause i have an idea for my interior door panels, when i re did the interior in black leather and black carpet from gray cloth, i just fabric painted the door panel inserts, well i came across some real soft natural chamois at work today that were being discontinued, well im gonna dye them black and see if i can upholster the inserts with them since they feel softer than suede already... Ill let younz know how it turns out