PDA

View Full Version : Running But no Temp gage?

MrSnow
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
On my 89 I that I just got running I noticed the check engine light on the other day. My mechanic that was working on it didn't notice it. So the only thing that I've seen is that the temp gauge doesn't rise up or move at all. Is there a fuse associated with that gauge or is the thermostat screwed up? I also said to try to unhook the positive battery cable and let the juice go out of it for a day. That will reset the cpu.... does that make sense? :confused:
Any help would be great.
-Da Snow

89tird
09-19-2009, 03:25 PM
check the sender on the thermostat housing, it should have a wire connected to it, make sure its on and tight.

MrSnow
09-19-2009, 05:28 PM
check the sender on the thermostat housing, it should have a wire connected to it, make sure its on and tight.

Will do. I also noticed my 5 Memory Fuse in the fuse box was out. Can that cause this problem? What does the memory fuse do? < Newb Q&A.

pearl95sc
09-19-2009, 07:26 PM
That fuse is for the memory power for the radio. As for the sender, if its connected, I had a couple connectors that broke under the rubber and failed, just in case its connected, or looks connected and isn't working.

supercoop
09-21-2009, 11:00 PM
My 91 SC had the same thing.

As a quick tempature gauge test.

Connect the temperature sending unit connector to the negative terminal of the battery "Not the Possitive Terminal" and the gauge will go 100% HOT if the sending wire and gauge are functioning properly.

Easy fix at $6

Rob