Dipstick tube ?

I'm 98% sure the 94-95 dipstick tubes are long gone and I think the early style are gone too, but maybe Rich will find something.

Dave, they are discontinued, but there might be still some around on dealer shelves down there. I can't do a U.S. dealer search from this side of the border unfortunately.

cheers
Ed N.

I'm 98% sure the 94-95 dipstick tubes are long gone and I think the early style are gone too, but maybe Rich will find something.

How does the 94-95 dipstick tube differ from the early model ?

I'm actually using a late model block for this new 4.3 motor. Dipstick was hitting the crank and the tube got kinked trying to get the angle needed to clear the crank and the MP intercooler tubes.

David

I'm actually using a late model block for this new 4.3 motor. Dipstick was hitting the crank and the tube got kinked trying to get the angle needed to clear the crank and the MP intercooler tubes.

David

I had the same issue with my stroker SC engine.
My solution was leave dipstick tube as normal and go with two dipsticks. A shorted dipstick that does not go into the oil pan for normal operation and a full length dipstick in the trunk when I want to check the oil.

I had the same issue with my stroker SC engine.
My solution was leave dipstick tube as normal and go with two dipsticks. A shorted dipstick that does not go into the oil pan for normal operation and a full length dipstick in the trunk when I want to check the oil.

I'm planning to do the same. Currently I'm using a vacuum cap over the end of the dipstick tube and dipstick is in the trunk.

David

My 92 dipstick broke due to contact with (I suspect) the crank, due to the stud girdle causing it to be bent. I got another dipstick and keep it in the trunk and leave the broken one installed to seal off the tube.

My 92 dipstick broke due to contact with (I suspect) the crank, due to the stud girdle causing it to be bent. I got another dipstick and keep it in the trunk and leave the broken one installed to seal off the tube.
I had the same problem with my stud girdle, but this time I put a little bent in the end of the tube to avoid the stud girdle....of course this meant installing my engine with the driver's side header installed on the engine since there would be no way to install the dipstick tube after the headers were installed.

David

The '94 - '95 dipstick tube is flared at the top to accept the plastic cone, just below the handle, at the top of the matching dipstick. The '89 to '93 dipstick tube is the same diameter from top to bottom.

I had the ends of two dipsticks break off in the same place. Turned out the tube was slightly bent during an engine rebuild causing the dipsticks to rub against something - rod or crank. Bought a used tube that wasn't bent and haven't had any problems since. (Yes, the two broken off parts of the dipstick are in the pan.)

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I had to put a bend in my dipstick not the tube to clear my CMRE girdle. The 94 i bought had a broke dipstick so i got another and the engine developed a tick. so i had to put a bend in that one too.:rolleyes:

sure if this helps neone but after my kooks mid-length install the only tube thatwould work was the 92" stang tube and its a tight ~~~ fit at best. But it oks and does read corectly, if only you can get it out. ya gotta hold ur mouth just right.

I had the same problem with my stud girdle, but this time I put a little bent in the end of the tube to avoid the stud girdle....of course this meant installing my engine with the driver's side header installed on the engine since there would be no way to install the dipstick tube after the headers were installed.

What :eek:.... Are you saying I've got to remove the header to remove/install the dipstick tube ?

David

Back