PDA

View Full Version : Long Weekend

StlSupercoupe
09-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Hello, I want to thank everyone so far from this Forum, I have found it a great resource to diagnose/fix my problems.

I Took the day off Friday to go work on my car, I ordered a radiator which I had shipped in. Turns out they shipped me the damn wrong radiator.

Long story short I fixed it, but have more problems.

It was heating up at stops, figured out both fuses that control the fans were melted. Replaced and fixed it.

Now I have another problem.

The car will idle fine and if I let it sit it gets almost to H then goes to the end of norm when the fans kick on. But when you put it in gear it dies, I can then start it but it does the same exact thing. I can drive it, when I drive it is has a serious lose of power. The boost guage goes up, but the car seems to be really slow.

Also when idling the car says no oil pressure, but I checked the oil when the car was off and it was fine. I then checked it while it was running and it was way up the dipstick ( i was told when you check it when the car is on it will shoot up the dipstick if the oil pump is good.( but if you hit the gas on the car the oil guage goes up. When you are driving the oil pressure is where it is supposed to be. But once you sit and idle it dies and if you put it in nuetral or park after restarting it it says no oil pressure.

Thanks in advance.

slowpoke
09-20-2009, 12:12 AM
check your codes before we go any further