Gas Tank Swap

Flex

Hey guys,

It has been so long since I bought the tank from John that I can't remember the gory details.

I bought a late model Mark VIII tank to do a swap into my 91 about a year and a half ago. The intention was to install a Walbro GSS342 pump and alter the exhaust to the late model central design.

Two things came up. The late model tank has a different electrical connector on it. I took the end of the harness of my 91's tank and swapped it to the Mark VIII tank. Wire colors were all the same except one so I swapped them same for same and the two different colored wires for each other. So hopeful that takes care if the compatability of the harnesses.

The other issue is the tank breather. The 91 tank has one fitting for a hose while the Mark VIII tank has two with one appearing to have a valve in it. Do I leave that one open and just put the hose on the other?

Nobody has any thoughts? Does the the late model tank have the double breather on it? If so, is one of them left open with no hose on it?

Can anyone verify the wire colors for the gas tank harness from the newer style gas tank?

Back