My custom IC setup

Nate_V6

So I decided I wanted a FMIC and I could not afford a FMIC kit from MP so I decided to custom fab my own.

So off I went to the big rig wrecing yard near me and I scooped up a very large IC from a diesel big rig which cools 60psi of turbo charged air and its a direct drop in fit in my mustang! We were able to utilize the IC tubes that were with the IC as well and the rad holds it in perfectly! Best $75 I've spent so far lol

I'll have pics this week sometime and finally hitting the dyno for a tune by friday at the latest! aiming for 350rwhp+ with stock heads using a 15% OD MPX.

So I decided I wanted a FMIC and I could not afford a FMIC kit from MP so I decided to custom fab my own.

So off I went to the big rig wrecing yard near me and I scooped up a very large IC from a diesel big rig which cools 60psi of turbo charged air and its a direct drop in fit in my mustang! We were able to utilize the IC tubes that were with the IC as well and the rad holds it in perfectly! Best $75 I've spent so far lol

I'll have pics this week sometime and finally hitting the dyno for a tune by friday at the latest! aiming for 350rwhp+ with stock heads using a 15% OD MPX.

Good luck with that, most people have difficulty reaching 350 rwhp with ported heads and oversized valves. BTW, is this the motor with dual 3" exhaust and a Jay Allen custom cam ?

David

Good luck with that, most people have difficulty reaching 350 rwhp with ported heads and oversized valves. BTW, is this the motor with dual 3" exhaust and a Jay Allen custom cam ?

David

Sure is, I also converted to stud mount rockers. I have nice pretty comp cams 1.7 stud mount rockers now.

I hit 286 RWHP with the MPx @15% OD with stock valve heads that were lightly ported. Without heads your kinda shooting yourself in the foot with the engine and cam.

Why would you do a cam and 3" exhaust and not do heads:confused: Numbers are only as good as what your weakest link will allow and stock heads are really weak.

Ken

Sorry, I didn't word that very well.

350 rwhp with a MPx and 15% is attainable, but you'll need virtually every go fast part available including ported big valved heads. Then add a lot of luck.

It may be expensive, time consuming, and a scary project to start and finish, but I believe the best thing you can do when building a SC is purchasing and installing some professionally ported heads and a cam that matches the heads and your goals for the car. If this isn't done and you have lofty goals, they will probably not be met.

ok so dyno was cancelled, Friday at 3pm now, couldnt get a trailer for tomorrow. but it's booked for friday.

ok so the parts from benson finally got here at 5pm, but it's all hooked up and together now. and it's a from the international DT466 turbo diesel motor and cools 45psi. So I'm sure it will cool the air from a 15% OD MPX...or even a 25% OD lol. Total cost for the IC setup was 240 bucks, it was 75 for the IC and couplings, 50 for 2 90 degree bends and 117 for 10 heavy duty bolt clamps for turbo IC piping and took about 1 hour to install everything.

But the E-mail tune which was rich and was for 42lb injectors will not let the car start with 63lb injectors obviously so I'm waiting for a tune for tomorrow at 10am to get it running and to the Dyno for the new tune!

Oh you mean the car of mine called "The Curse"? lol

Well it was supposed to be running for saturday, a tuner was to send me a baseline tune through E-mail and then he got food poisoning of all things on the planet (not his fault obviously) but just freaken hilarious that at the very end anything can happen.

He's working on the tune right now so wednesday I'll be going up. OI

unless of course on the way up a car pulls into me or a meteor hits my car.....seriously at this point I wouldn't be surprised, I'm getting so ansy to drive it it's not funny!

ok so got the tune tonight, ran for 2 minutes then died. The ecm blows fuses everytime you turn the key. so I have a random wire grounding out now! but it started and ran beautifully for 2min!!

So close T_T

ok so got the tune tonight, ran for 2 minutes then died. The ecm blows fuses everytime you turn the key. so I have a random wire grounding out now! but it started and ran beautifully for 2min!!

So close T_T
Check the capacitor wire that is attached to the coil pack. It is hot and can't be allowed to touch any metal.

Ok I'll check that, be nice if it was simple like that! Now just goin to the wreckers to snag a wack of the 20amp fuses

Back