PDA

View Full Version : Slowly going back together

Brad Klein
09-20-2009, 10:26 PM
For an update I had my tail lights tinted and picked them up Friday installed the bumper and GFX I painted most of the trim put the door glass in and did some cleaning up. I still need to re-wet sand the hood trunk and roof cause I ran out of my good compound and used some old stuff I had and it didnt work so I get to try it again.
My other car had put a stop on working on my bird I blew the head gasket twice and had to replace the motor, and two weeks ago Pam's boss told her they were closing her office and she was out of a job so anything I do to my car has to be free and luckily most of it is just putting it back together

Heres a couple pics

Kurt K
09-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Looking good Brad.

kamakazie_1
09-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Sorry to hear about Pam's job Brad!! Bird looks really good though, can't wait to see it up close and personal..

Hey you could be where I am with mine, in pieces and the motor is at the machine shop in hock.. We are supposed to get our 8% back Oct 3, and the boss is supposed to pay out our overage on Annual leave the same time, we'll see if he screws us over again on that like he did April 1st..

Good to see you're putting her back together dude.. Damn economy!!

RJ

Kurt K
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Damn, that will teach me not to read posts.

Sorry to hear about Pam's job.

onequiksc
09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Ditto on Pam's job Brad, this is affecting so many people....all you can do is dig in and plug away with what you've got.

Car looks totally unique, I hope it all comes back together without problems, good luck!

SuperChicken89
09-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear about Pam losing her job. Economic times are tough and they will get better with time.

Good to see you're making progress on the car. It's looking good and can't wait to see it in person!

Bryan

Brad Klein
09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys
She had a feeling something was going to happen and with the economy down and nobody buying houses real estate hasn't been the most stable place to work at but after 11 years of working there she didnt want believe it would happen

RJ if you could only see inside the garage there are parts everywhere and there is just enough room to pull the car in I have to climb in and out of the window LOL

onequiksc
09-21-2009, 12:48 PM
RJ if you could only see inside the garage there are parts everywhere and there is just enough room to pull the car in I have to climb in and out of the window LOL

Reminds me of when I had to do the headgaskets on mine a while back Brad, my garage was a huge mess! I will say though, I never had to enter/exit via the car window!

I finally got things clean and organized, even better than before, and somehow managed NOT to scrape or dent the GS400 up in the process of getting the SC whole again. Minor miracle.

It will all come together in time, be patient, and do tell Pam to hang in there.

kamakazie_1
09-21-2009, 08:08 PM

I feel your pain there Brad, Joyce has been all over me because of the 5spd.. there is stuff all around it, her mustang is in the north bay and she can just back it in and get out of it and then the maze to the door, my auto is sitting out in the weather again... I built this garage oversized for a reason, thank god or we wouldn't have room for anything it would all be out in the weather...

Unfortunately mine and Joyce's jobs are tied to home sales also, she works in recording where all the official records are taken in. My department IS gets its fees from the recording / official records deparment funds so we are sunk too. we've been on that 8% pay cut all year this year and a 4% all last year and no raises now for 5 years. Obviously the cost of living has gone up like 300 percent the last 5 years with no mercy on us. We've been lucky and keeping our heads down becuase there were 130 people laid off.

RJ

Brad Klein
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I should snap a pic of the garage with the car in it but its kinda embarassing lol
I did start another project while the car was at the bodyshop so thats taking up about half the other side but I have parts for mine all over it

kamakazie_1
09-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I should snap a pic of the garage with the car in it but its kinda embarassing lol
I did start another project while the car was at the bodyshop so thats taking up about half the other side but I have parts for mine all over it

Yea, that's why I didn't post a pic of mine... :D:D

RJ

Cobra85
10-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Brad,
Sorry to hear that Pam is loosing her job. Hang in there and things will get better. So far the mouse is still being kind to me. I guess there are enough folks still vacationing at the mouse house. Car is looking FINE :D Keep up the good work.