oil pan and main girdle issues

Condor232

Ok, so I have the 94 SC motor mostly assembled. I have the Delk main girdle on it that ties all the caps together and the pan needs about 1/4" in the front to come flush with the engine.

I don't really want to do any grinding, and I think it is the main studs on the front cap that are hitting the pan. I have heard that an 01-04 Mustang oil pan will work, I can't use the oil pan from a 4.2L f150 because it won't clear my 98 Mustang K-Member.

Will the 01-04 Mustang pan do the trick? Or what should I do?

im sure the bone yard wouldn't charge to much for 1. snag 1 up and if it doesn't work sell it on ebay.

Ok, so I have the 94 SC motor mostly assembled. I have the Delk main girdle on it that ties all the caps together and the pan needs about 1/4" in the front to come flush with the engine.

I don't really want to do any grinding, and I think it is the main studs on the front cap that are hitting the pan. I have heard that an 01-04 Mustang oil pan will work, I can't use the oil pan from a 4.2L f150 because it won't clear my 98 Mustang K-Member.

Will the 01-04 Mustang pan do the trick? Or what should I do?

It's not unusual to have pan interference when using a studded girdle. Usually requires grinding on the pan and some of the studs.

See this thread for more info.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70840&highlight=oil+pan+clearance+studs

David

Back