PDA

View Full Version : Getting a 95 SC auto

jtwestify
09-21-2009, 12:21 AM
I am gettin a 95 SC Automatic, I have heard about the cheap performance mods, new intake, removing the Air silencer, and a 5% supercharger pulley, so, with the pulley, wouldnt I need to get a different size belt? thats pretty much the only question i need answsered... and is it safe to run a 10% pulley? or is that to much for the stock engine? any tips? I know alot about the SC's, juz need a few questions answered before i put a few parts on there for a little more boost... thanks Guys, Jerry

Ddubb
09-21-2009, 03:31 AM
The 89-93 SC pulley is about 4% on the 94/95's .. dont need a shorter belt.

I recommend transmission upgrades if you get an Auto, J-mod shift kit is nice, mercon V, Trans cooler, etc .. :D

- Dan

RoccoRock05
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
upgrade your intercooler. doesnt matter if its the only mod you do. but since you want to run more boost, id recommend a better intercooler first. you can run the 5 or 10 somewhat reliably, but youre asking for trouble......been down that road with a 10% stock intercooler and i not about a year after HG's went. it would be more beneficial to upgrade the intercooler first before you do anything else. and yes, youll need a shorter belt for the 10, but not sure about the 5.

jtwestify
09-21-2009, 09:50 PM
what kind of upgrades can u do to the intercooler???? or is there one out there made for em?

Ddubb
09-23-2009, 01:27 PM
what kind of upgrades can u do to the intercooler???? or is there one out there made for em?

Custom made.

Why do you insist on making the car faster before you even buy it ??

Your transmission is more likely to blow before your head gaskets .. 94 / 95's are the worst of the worst. Ask me how I know this.

- Dan

jtwestify
09-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Its a question man... and Yea thats what I do is upgrade my cars.. juz tryin to see what iz out there for the SC's, I had a 95 Camaro. 3.4 V6. 5 speed, was pushin over 300 HP, 370 torque.. and i asked questions before i bought it. and laid out the cash for performance parts, I do all the work my self,.. so yea. whats so wrong about askin questions before i get the car? i think its a smart Idea... cuz as soon as i get this car.. its goin under construction, 2 months it will be a 11 second car,

Ddubb
09-24-2009, 12:15 AM
At first you said you were looking for Cheap performance mods for a Stock engine, now youre telling me its going to run 11 seconds ... :rolleyes:

- Dan

slipknot1212121
10-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Its funny cause this older guy who had the car was holding it for me...I guess this kid called him day in day out so he ended up sellin to him..meanwhile since i had the first interest he told me the 94 sc was a much better car no problems at all..Im just glad i listened to him, sounds like this white one did have a few problems here and there, now he is on craigslist tryin to sell it for 3200 when he bought it for 700 lol