syncro help

roworld

Hey guys I final replaced my m5r2. Im the guy that distroyed my tranny showing off in reverse. Iinstalled a junkyard tranny in my car when I shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd the tranny grinds unless I double clutch. It shifts from 4th to 5th and into reverse just fine. Is there anything I can do short of rebuilding the tranny.

Hey guys I final replaced my m5r2. Im the guy that distroyed my tranny showing off in reverse. Iinstalled a junkyard tranny in my car when I shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd the tranny grinds unless I double clutch. It shifts from 4th to 5th and into reverse just fine. Is there anything I can do short of rebuilding the tranny.

I'm in the same boat, the Blockers and syncros probably have wear on them causing them to grind. Currently there's no supplier for new Syncro rings so basically you have to find what you can find and try to get it back together.

-Tim

I'm in the same boat, the Blockers and syncros probably have wear on them causing them to grind. Currently there's no supplier for new Syncro rings so basically you have to find what you can find and try to get it back together.

-Tim

not sure what you mean by saying there is no suppliers for new syncro's, the local tranny shops around here are happy to do a complete rebuilt for $800, thats including new syncro's. or atleast thats what they claim.

M5R2 parts

I got parts from National Drivetrain 800 507 4327. I already had NOS fiber blocker ring but I was told he has them in stock.
Scott

How much and how many are you getting? I figured while the transmission was out and in pieces just to go ahead and replace.

Back