Stainless Steel Kooks Headers

DLF

First order of business, cut off the stupid ball connectors and weld some real flanges on these.

Second, off to Jet-Hot. :D

Attachments

• HPIM0759.JPG
    HPIM0759.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 323
  • HPIM0758.JPG
    HPIM0758.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 269
  • HPIM0761.JPG
    HPIM0761.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 272
  • HPIM0760.JPG
    HPIM0760.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 273
  • HPIM0762.JPG
    HPIM0762.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
What is the flange thickness? They look great, but I have to ask, is the only gain with the stainless is the longevity of the stainless?

What is the flange thickness? They look great, but I have to ask, is the only gain with the stainless is the longevity of the stainless?

I don't know, I'll measure it tomorrow.

The only gain with stainless is the longevity, but not entirely the only reason I'm doing this.

I've grown quite tired of the ball joints on the mild steel Kooks that I have now. Rather than spend the time and money to redo them, and then get them recoated, I thought I'd solve the problem by changing the flanges on these, then get them coated, and hopefully never, ever, have to worry about it again.

And then sell my mild steel Kooks to partially finance the change.

Might want to consider Nitro-plate instead of Jet-Hot.

What did you get jacked for those headers?

I've got the Jet-Hot Extreme Sterling on the SS Kooks I have in my LSC, so I was planning on doing the same on the SC. I'm also going to get my SS 3 1/2" and 4" intake piping done as well as all of the MP FMIC piping (which has begun to rust after 3 years).

I'll look into the Nitro-plate, have you used them?

9 bills (Vaseline not included) :eek:

Nitro-Plate is what I will be having done on my headers whose Jet-Hot Coating has failed. I have not personally used them yet but from the literature their corrosion resistance is higher which is a concern for those of us stuck with carbon steel headers.

9 bills huh????? Isn't that just great huh?????

Nitro-Plate is what I will be having done on my headers whose Jet-Hot Coating has failed. I have not personally used them yet but from the literature their corrosion resistance is higher which is a concern for those of us stuck with carbon steel headers.

9 bills huh????? Isn't that just great huh?????

Yeah, same story, only game in town....

Back