Radiator drain plug/cock? Part #? Where can I get one?

275hptbirdsc

Hey guys long story short my radiator drain plug some how fell off and I cant drive my car till I get a new one. Ive been to advanced auto and they dont have it and cant order it,nappa didnt have it, and O reillys gave me the wrong size. Could I possibly use a different plug of some sort and still get by? Any other suggestions are great.

let me know ....
If thats the right plug that he posted and oriellys doesnt have it tomorrow ill let you know but ill need it asap as my SC has been sitting in a parking lot for 3 days now and I cant afford to have it towed or pay for it if it gets towed.

So the one in the last post is what I should get? It fits the factory rad right?

All the plugs that are M12x1.25 thread are for the aftermarket radiators that are all metal, made in India, and the box branded as CSF. The drain plug for the OE Ford radiator is a different size.

I looked at www.rockauto.com, and they list a Dorman or Motormite #61129. Size is listed as 5/8"x18. Also could be under the carded Help! brand with same #. Below is a pic. Does that look like yours?

David

Attachments

• rad plug.jpg
    rad plug.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 38
Well I have bad news it wasnt just leaking antifreeze from the radiator it was also coming from the engine block:eek: I think im just gonna sell the car:(

Back