PDA

View Full Version : is it safe to run a 5% OD pulley....

jtwestify
09-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I have seen mixed feelings on running a 5% OD supercharger pulley on a completly stock engine..its for a 95 SC,. how safe or unsafe is it... what can it do?.. or should i juz put a 93 Pulley on it.. heard there about 4%... how much better would that be?
thanks
Jt

blksc
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I have seen mixed feelings on running a 5% OD supercharger pulley on a completly stock engine..its for a 95 SC,. how safe or unsafe is it... what can it do?.. or should i juz put a 93 Pulley on it.. heard there about 4%... how much better would that be?
thanks
Jt

It all depends. If you increase the blower speed you will also create more heat in the air charge, so yes you have a 5% blower pulley, but with the stock intercooler and the increased temperatures.. all you get out of that mod is going to be more blower noise.

Now, I ran a 5% blower pulley on my 94SC and I didnt hurt the engine. I did have custom down tubes and exhaust work with a STOCK intercooler and when my car got hot you could feel a difference.

I would say go full exhaust if you dont have it already, then do a double IC with 5% pulley. Of course money is hard to come by so you should be OK doing them in parts as long as you have a good exhaust and a healthy engine to start with.

Tin-Knocker105
10-07-2009, 12:12 AM
You need to take care of the exhaust first. The cats and the front exhaust section of the Sc's suck. If you cant do the entire system, get some shop to make you some new downtubes and get new cats as well.

But blKsc says
"Now, I ran a 5% blower pulley on my 94SC and I didnt hurt the engine. "

thats true but you should never shift to reverse at the end of a 1/4 run :D

Sorry carlos i had to throw that one in.
I have that one on tape. im going to get it on a dvd soon.
Tony

blksc
10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
You need to take care of the exhaust first. The cats and the front exhaust section of the Sc's suck. If you cant do the entire system, get some shop to make you some new downtubes and get new cats as well.

But blKsc says
"Now, I ran a 5% blower pulley on my 94SC and I didnt hurt the engine. "

thats true but you should never shift to reverse at the end of a 1/4 run :D

Sorry carlos i had to throw that one in.
I have that one on tape. im going to get it on a dvd soon.
Tony

:eek: <--- You know I was just at PINKS ALL OUT in FAMOSO and thats all i could think about.