PDA

View Full Version : Timing Diagram Help

fastsc92
09-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I ran across this timing diagram for the 89-93 SC's:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~miketoni/images/tbird/DISnostart/DISTimingDiagram.gif

I'm looking for the same type of diagram but for the 94-95's using a VR trigger wheel, which I assume is 36-1 teeth. Can anyone help me out?

96SCbird
09-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Here you go.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/masterdx316/94-95timingdiagram.jpg

fastsc92
09-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I guess I'm a little confused on this timing diagram, and I'm hoping someone can chime in and help me out...

In the earlier years, I thought that the PIP refered to the crank sensor signal?
However, in the later model timing diagram, there is still a PIP signal, which looks like the hall effect signal of the earlier years, but also has the CKP signal?
Which one is reported to the computer?
Are both signals available to monitior, and if so, where?
Why would the SPOUT signal be different than the earlier year? It looks like the SPOUT on the earlier years has its rising edge at the coil firing event, whereas the later year looks like it has the rising edge of the SPOUT during TDC?

XR7 Dave
09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
On the early cars PIP is obtained directly from the crank sensor. On the later cars the EDIS calculates the PIP and relays that to the EEC.

fastsc92
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
On the early cars PIP is obtained directly from the crank sensor. On the later cars the EDIS calculates the PIP and relays that to the EEC.

Can the PIP and raw crank sensor signal be monitored or tapped into on the later years? If so, where would they be located?

fastsc92
09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Edit....I'm going to guess that the processed crank sensor signal is at pin 56 on the EEC, and the only way to get the raw signal from the VR crank sensor would be to grab it at the DIS module.

This works out well, since the PIP signals between the two year ranges are the same, which will make it easier to implement a crank decoder for this WOT boxes.