95 died, wont start.

sinhumane

i recently had my 95 5 speed completely die on me going down the road. pushed it into the driveway and it wouldnt start. cranks, shows oil pressure, but bogs while its cranking and will sometimes randomly backfire.

once i got it towed home, i pulled the serp belt off and it fired and ran just fine. when i went to start it again, however, no dice, and everytime since.

i have 12v to the coil pack, and signal to each trigger wire, wires are all good and in their respective positions, no leaks in the intake, battery is fully charged and wont start with other batteries.

i depress the schrader valve and there is fuel, but it doesnt seem like there is much pressure, it squirts a little then nothing.

changed the starter with a known good one, no dice.

as its cranking, when it bogs down, all the lights go off.

i'm thinking its something electrical, but could also be mech. drained the oil, no metal in the pan.

Check balancer for slippage, the lights could be due to the draw of amperage the starter is taking when the engine stops it. And get a fuel pressure tester just to make sure.

it wont start with the belt off even. not the balancer. that was also just recently replaced and shows no signs of failure.

i depress the schrader valve and there is fuel, but it doesnt seem like there is much pressure, it squirts a little then nothing.

Even though it ran once since you got home, it makes me wonder if the fuel pump went south? Or maybe a plugged fuel filter?

-Melon

It's a part problem. Give me the parts you owe me and I bet it starts up every time after that. ;)

changed crank sensor, no dice, cam sensor... no dice... anything else externally that could cause it? if the timing cover has to cme off, it is getting wheeled out behind the garage covered and left till i get back.

Back