Headlights Out

Poobah

Have all of my lights except headlights. Based on previous posts, I replaced the switch but it didn't fix the problem.

Other mildly annoying, but possibly related electrical problems -

Power seats don't work and power doorlocks don't work when you press the button. The SC will occasionaly lock the drivers side door automatically.

I've only had the 90 SC for a few weeks, and it has spent all but the last two days in the shop for a harmonic balancer and transmission rebuild. The car was purchased at auction so I have no history on the car.

There is nothing in Haynes, so I am stuck. Ideas?

TW

same problem

I have had the same problems all lights worked but what was wierd was i would psh the multifunction switch (wipers , blinkers , high beams ) forward to run high beams and my regular lights would come on so i replaced the multiswitch cost me $35 fixed problem hopefully this helps !!!

headlights

I had the same problem with my '89 SC. I changed the multi-fuctional unit first. Then the headlight dimer switch with no luck. So I took it in to my mechanic, after a 2 hour labor charge ($100)
he found the headlight relay switch to be bad. This is a $35 part. The headlight dimmer switch is another $35 part. The multi-funtional unit is a $122 part. Good luck hope this will help you. Rick

Back