PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

kneedragger25
09-24-2009, 10:45 PM
So my 90 sc has a few problems first when driving I have good power in first gear but once the car shifts in second gear I have no acceleration. any ideas what would cause that? Also I have a leaky exhaust what needs to be removed to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets and how long should it take me? My steering has about an inch of freeplay before the R&P makes contact, can I adjust the freeplay like in gear boxes or does it need to be replaced?
Thanks in advance
-Joel

slowpoke
09-26-2009, 04:32 AM
only thing i can help with is the exhaust manifold gasket. i not sure about doing it from under the car but i will know soon. i know you can do it from the top. if your skill with this car it should take about 2 days of around 4-6 hours each due to all the stuff you have to pull to get to it. im thinking there might be enough access from the bottom. ill be under mine within the next week, ill get back to you if it appears to be easier that way.

artic94sc
09-26-2009, 08:22 AM
good luck from doing it on your back:D. just take off the SC, intake and pull the PS bracket forward and there will plenty of room for you.

slowpoke
09-26-2009, 01:58 PM
good luck from doing it on your back:D. just take off the SC, intake and pull the PS bracket forward and there will plenty of room for you.

thats what im thinking atm but will be getting under the car anyways so might as well take a look while im there