PDA

View Full Version : PBR Brake Calipers???

mikedenton49
09-26-2009, 01:20 AM
I've read about 10,000 posts in the last few days, like we all do when contemplating the next big thing. I've settled on a descision to buy the twin piston brake calipers and KVR slotted and drilled rotors. Been searching high and low on some good prices. If anyone has the hook up, or knows where to get em' good and cheap. Please let me know. Thanks for your respones.:)

Mike

mikedenton49
09-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Dont ya hate when u see a post that says something like, "PBR brakes for sale, $200" , or some other part ya want. Then ya look at the date and its from like 2003. I hate that. Sorry, had to rant.

rzimmerl
09-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Look on Ebay for the calipers, or you can get rebuilt ones from any parts store for under $75 a side. As for the rotors I think SCP sells KVR.

392Bird
09-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Did mine recently.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/brakes.htm

mikedenton49
09-26-2009, 11:44 AM
thanks 392. That was more helpful than the last 10,000 posts i've read. Good lookin car by the way. So what did you use to "clearance" the caliper? Dremel tool or something of the like? Thanks for your input.

392Bird
09-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Used a bottle of correction fluid to mark where they needed clearanced, then roughed them on the bench grinder.Blended them with a dremel. You will really like the improvement in the brakes! Glad to be of some help.

Mike Puckett
09-27-2009, 12:21 PM
I just finished doing this on mine last weekend. It was a very easy swap out. I threaded a bolt into the brake line hole to keep trash out and protect it and ground the raised area off with my die grinder so the brakeline fits. The new bracket bolts right up and and the caliper fits on easily. I ground off the area on the caliper to clear the bracket on my bench grinder. You will have to change the banjo bolts and copper washers on the brake line, they are different threads.
I put on the EBC yellow kevlar ceramic pads since my SC does time on Road Atlanta every once in awhile. I'm breaking the new pads in now and the difference is tremendous, firmer higher pedal, lighter touch, and much shortened stopping distance.

Dirtyd0g
09-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I bought mine from strickerbros.com for $35 each, no core required.
Alan

mikedenton49
09-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Sweet. Good replies, I'm guna go with some from advance I guess, I looked at the ones at stricker bros. Their site was kinda hard to navigate or down, and I couldn't get an email to them at all. Gettin' kinda antsy about the whole thing, can't wait to stop, as my od brakes suck. Bad. So I'm guna go buy them in two days unless someone happens to read this thread and give me a shout before then? Anybody?

Dirtyd0g
09-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Just call strickers and speak to Hap at ext 137. They don't include the banjo bolts you have to get them from ford. If you are going to the shootout call and order them I will bring them up for you. Just tell Hap I will be picking them up...Alan Brown, Dirtydog Performance

Mike Puckett
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I bought my banjo bolts from NAPA. They're M10 x 1.0 and are like $3.69 or so each.

mikedenton49
09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Just call strickers and speak to Hap at ext 137. They don't include the banjo bolts you have to get them from ford. If you are going to the shootout call and order them I will bring them up for you. Just tell Hap I will be picking them up...Alan Brown, Dirtydog Performance

Nah, cant make it. i will give hal a call tho.

Jovez
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Dont know exactly which PBR's you want. I have some dual piston from a 2000 mustang. Only problem is they have a running horse decal and painted red. But it can be removed. Let me know.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109608