intake manifold Q's

Thomas95SC

I have sc assembly off and noticed that there is a good bit of oil in the intake manifold (puddled at the bottom). I've changed the hgs on my old 94 about 4 yrs ago and cant remember if there was oil in it. I know its normal to have some due to the PCV system. My whole intake is coated with it from the tb to the motor. I didn't know if maybe I had a faulty PCV valve or an oil leak somwhere. I am considering pulling the intake manifold to have it hot tanked at the local mechanic shop. If so, are the manifold bolts reusable? I'm pretty sure I reused my old ones last time but not sure if thats right. Also, do I need to put any RTV sealant on the gaskets between the heads and manifold? On the two rubber gaskets on the front and back, coat one side or both? Maybe need some where the block, heads, and manifold meet?? Thanks

Thomas

Someoil is normal but alot is not ok. Try changing the pcv valve(use ford brand only ). And get an air/oil separator and hook it up to the line between the pcv and where the line goes into the inlet plenum.

do a quick search. they've been used on here quite a bit.

check out ebay too. im sure u can get one on there cheap

Back