A serious post about the server issues

8ate8

This isn't a generic "what the heck is going on?" rant. This is a serious comment.

Hosting:
Many people have offered web hosting for the site. Why hasn't any action been taken on this? As it's been stated before, you're getting seriously ripped off for the service you are getting and the price you are paying. I mean come on. 300mhz processor, 64mb of ram? That server is a joke. I've seen at least 4 or 5 people offer hosting on their server (not free, of course, but it's sure as hell a better deal than what you're paying now.) If none of the hosting ideas sounded good, I have a friend that runs www.bluewaterhosting.com that would glady host the site. 24/7 tech support and the works.

Message board:
Perhaps a temporary solution would be to turn off image uploading, except to those that are paying members of the SCCoA.

Ads:
OK, there's dues, and the paypal donations. Everyone in the world knows by now that internet advertising click-thrus give you like $0.10 a day. They don't pay that well, if at all. Seriously, how much money is the site getting through the advertising partner?

Why not have member ads? Charge $5 a month to have a SCCoA member put an ad up here to their website.

Everyone has been complaining, but most of the time it's just ranting "server busy!! fix it fix it!!". This was meant to be a legitimate post with no flaming. I've offered solutions above, and hopefully you'll look into them to make the members happier.

Jim O'Neill,
Webmaster NJTaCC
http://www.njtacc.com

Ok, when the server first started ******* up, did I not link him to bluewaterhosting? Did I not email cmpterwiz (bluewaterhosting admin), that he should email sccoa? I suggested this three times already

8ate8: Me and you think a like, :D

Tazer999 said:
Ok, when the server first started ******* up, did I not link him to bluewaterhosting? Did I not email cmpterwiz (bluewaterhosting admin), that he should email sccoa? I suggested this three times already

i guess i missed that :) i'll IM him now.

Back