Roller Rocker pushrods

Gerry Rider

I have a set of 1.8 Harland Sharp roller rockers I've had for some time. Thought I'd install them when the car comes off the road for the winter just to reduce the friction losses. Will the stock pushrods work with these or do i need to change them?
Gerry

Gerry,

They should work. Youll want to check first though. You may or may not need shims to make up some difference. Nothing ever seems to be direct bolt on !

Damon

I have a set of 1.8 Harland Sharp roller rockers I've had for some time. Thought I'd install them when the car comes off the road for the winter just to reduce the friction losses. Will the stock pushrods work with these or do i need to change them?
Gerry

I have 1.8 Harland Sharp roller rockers. When I installed them, the engine was stock. Used the stock push rods. Didn't change the push rods until I got a cam.

Look on my member's page - there's photos of the roller rockers installed.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Did you notice a difference after you installed them?

Hard for me to say if the roller rockers made a difference.

When I changed the stock rockers to the 1.8 rollers, I also changed the supercharger from the stock '90 to a '94. Seat of the pants, the car had more power - could have been all from the supercharger.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX Sport

Tom Morana 1.8s

I put the Tom Morana 1.8s and used the stock pushrods until I put in my cam...worked fine

Not sure about power gain...not really noticeable :/

Roller Rockers

Not looking for any real power gain. Just to relieve some of the friction, which makes things easier on the engine as a whole, plus they're just great looking.
thanks for all the input.
Gerry

Back