Not much left, but...

nccatfan

I have a '91 SC I've been using for a donor and it's nearly ready for the scrapyard. Interior, eng., trans. is gone. Body parts are in decent shape (if you don't mind the peeling clear coat). Hood has a ding, but definitely useable. Both bumper covers and trunk lid available. Doors are pretty much gutted aside from the glass (no motors).

Also, would anyone be interested in the entire IRS/rear diff assembly? Not sure what gearing it is (think it's 3.73).

Car is located in Fuquay Varina, NC and it's dark blue.

I'll have to make note of it next time i see the car. I actually live an hour and a half from it (its @ my dad's house). You're saying you'd be interested in just the diff? CV's too?

What kind of shape are the cowl covers in? How many wires on the altenator harness two or three? Is the wiring for the auto diming mirror available?

passenger side cowl in decent shape. Don't know where the other half went:confused: Interior harness has been hacked into so I could get the '91 map lights into my '89. And the entire engine harness is currently in use (my brother needed it). Sorry I'm not much help to ya this time 'round:eek:

Well, it's do-or-die time for this donor. I have to take it in this weekend, but I'll pull as much as I can before I do. Stay tuned, I'll have pics ready of the parts I pull off...

did you ever find out what the rear was. I wouldn't think the tag would say 3.73's for a stock gear. Why do you think they're 3.73's? I would be interested if they were though.

did you ever find out what the rear was. I wouldn't think the tag would say 3.73's for a stock gear. Why do you think they're 3.73's? I would be interested if they were though.

I tried to read it last weekend but couldn't get a good angle to see numbers. I'll have a better look this weekend when I actually get it in the air to drop the IRS/diff assembly.

Seems I'm gonna have to ask a newbie question... what ratios were available in '91? Seems to pull better than my '89. Sorry, that was me kinda pulling a number outta the air (my truck has 3:73's).:eek:

As far as I know manuals were 2.73's and autos were 3.27's, 3.08's may have been optional, seems like I read that recently.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Let me go back to confirm it, but I think I saw 3.08 on the diff tag (this car was a 5-speed)... didn't really wanna say until I was sure.

gears

that is correct they are probably 3.27 or 3.08 they would pull real good in a five speed car. same as what I have right now though. thanks!!!!!!

Alright, sorry for the delay. The donor car has been sent to scrapyard (sad day! One more SC rests in pieces). Before I hauled it off I saved the rear decklid and entire IRS/diff. assembly (2.73 ratio... I'm certain of it this time!!). Currently sitting in the back of my truck, so I would like to off-load this thing soon! Anyone within driving distance of Burlington, NC?

Back