Travel Plans

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
What is everyone's travel plans for the shootout?

I plan on leaving the Hartford area about 1pm on Thursday and driving until 10 or 11pm when I'll find a hotel off some exit. Then finish the drive Friday morning arriving in IN mid afternoon or so.

I think I'll be going out 84 then making my way to 80. If anybody is on a similar schedule/route let me know if you want to hook up.

thinking...thinking....thinking.... I have to get approval from the woman and my wallet....

I'm thinking drive one shot, from Friday evening to Saturday morning....:eek:

If Jay decides I we would have to leave Friday night and come back Monday morning. I cannot take days off. And I can only relly do it if Jay helps with the drive and cost of the trip. So.....still thinking. ;):D

Not looking so good on this end....I really don't think I can afford the trip to be honest.:eek::(

Are you still on the fence or is that your final answer. :(

I cannot afford it either but I know I would hate it to miss it. Even if I will just be a spectator.

I cant do it alone. :(

Ah crap....give me the breakdown of what you had planned.

1. When are you leaving?
  2. Drive one shot there and back?
  3. What about sleeping arangments when we get there?
  4. Registration for the shootout is $50 right?
  5. It's roughly 900 miles one way, your car gets 22mpg, at an average price of $3.25 a gallon for premium, it should cost roughly $135 in gas and prob. another $40 in tolls and snacks/food each way right?
So we're looking at roughly $225 each, leaving out sleeping arangments?

$3.25/gal seems kinda high, Im sure we probably will get better MPG I was giving it worse case scenario. Loaded up with all my tools and racing tires that what I got before. Sleeping arrangement, when we get there i hope some SC soul will let us lay down an air mattress on the floor. And let us pitch in. $50 per person as far I get is the entrance fee not sure if Dalke will allow the family rate to you since you are not bringing a car.

Maybe Ira cough cough..................

If we break down or added cost Ill pick up, no worries there.
Driving Friday night arriving there in the morning at the carshow. Nappin on a lawn chair or car from time to time. Sat night you will barely get any sleep maybe 5 hours tops. Sunday track day watch the fast guys go by. Maybe staying for the awards or maybe boucing eariler. leaving there est about 6 or 7 pm arriving Boston morning. If if something happens or I simply cannot operate I will have to call in sick or what not, But I have to make the attempt of working that day.

Count me out...I can't swing the expenses....:eek::( Sorry if this screws you over Ricardo, but my wallet is light enough as it is.

Jay I did not see this post. LOL till today.

You should have come :p But it was fun as always I raced and stuff since it was only me to get in trouble if I had broken down. :(

I got a 91 in a 65 ticket. That was fun. OHIO state police can teleport I swear. And got a 12.6 with me racing, No nitrous.

I spent about $500.00 Car got 18MPG. So that sucked a little. My brother paid me back this week $50 so it was really $450.00 Plus the ticket. It was expensive but worth it.

14hour drive was hard though. I did most of it my brother did about a half a tank of driving on the way back.

Back