Wide ratio gear set

91bird

Just curoius, is anyone running the wide ratio gear set in the AOD with 3:73 rear gears and what are your thoughts? From what I have read that would make 1st and 2nd too tall but I am not sure.

Thanks
Drew

Just curoius, is anyone running the wide ratio gear set in the AOD with 3:73 rear gears and what are your thoughts? From what I have read that would make 1st and 2nd too tall but I am not sure.

Thanks
Drew

I don't have the exact numbers, but I think it will be like running 4.30 gears with a stock ratio AOD in 1st and 2nd, then when you shift to 3rd it's back to being the same 1:1 ratio. I don't like the wide ratio gearing because it creates a bigger step when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

David

Thanks for the input and from all the posts I have read I am leaning toward it being too tall in first and second with the 3:73's out back. I think with the stock gears it would be ok though and probably help get out of the hole better.

Drew

Unless you have a power level that requires the hardened wide ratio gearset you are better off without it in a SC.
Alan

Back