Will these bolts work?

Thomas95SC

Ok, I was looking to get some new bolts for the intake manifold. I found some but not sure if its ok to use them. I believe the stock ones are M8 1.25 10.9. The one I got are M8 1.25 8.8 and are 1/4 shorter. I couldn't find the exact length either too short or long. Also these are threaded all the way up. What do you guys think? If not, where can I get to correct ones?

Attachments

• bolts.jpg
    bolts.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 53
You should have gotten the longer bolt and either cut it or used washers to space it to the correct length.

no way would i use those imo. they are not the same alloy and will corrode very fast. go to napa. they usually do a good job and getting near same if not completely the same bolts that you need. if all else fails get some grade 12 bolts slightly longer, spend 3 days cutting them to length then you will never have to worry about it again.

Been thinking about this myself. Trying to decide whether SS or Al (have a bolt supply I can get them form so availability not a real issue).

Looking at those heads I'd use a washer and cut to length, 8.8 is ok but I'd never use a bolt with a lower strength.

Back