Electrical Gremlins

Dahoopd

I am at a loss on this one...............

My power locks and mirrors stopped working. There is a relay under the dash attached to the side of the console that clicks when you hit the door locks. When you hit the door locks, the brake lights and front turn signals light up. When you have the head lights on and the car not running, the headlights and dash lights click on and off like the hazards. And........when you turn the ride control switch to soft, there is a clicking in the trunk that I assume is the ride control.

Now I checked the fuseable link under the carpet and that's fine. I replaced the keyless entry module and that didn't change anything and I also checked for kinked wires in the door jamb.

I finally get the car running good and have enjoyed driving the past few weeks and now this electrical gremlin starts rearing its head.

Any ideas / help is greatly appreciated.

Swap the ignition switch (the electrical part) if you have a spare one lying around.

I swapped the switch and tumbler because it was hanging up a bit and that didn't fix it.

I checked the fuses and all are fine also.

You might have a ground bus that's not bolted down tightly. The one for the power doors and mirrors is behind the driver's kick panel.

Back