Oil leak question?

94sc5spd

So i was out driving my car today. And let it warm up to operating temp today. And i started getting on it a little bit. And then i went back home and parked the car and smelt oil burning. I looked under the hood and saw nothing so i looked under the car and saw a bunch of oil dripping off my driver side control arm in the front. Now it was dark out when i was looking. So i really didnt get a good look. Where could this be coming from? The car is completely stock.

I guess its up to me to introduce you to the dreaded oil filter adaptor gasket problem. Next to the block, between the block and the oil filter mount, there is a gasket that commonly takes a dump in most all Ford V-8's and some sixes. Both cooling system water and engine oil pass thru this plate. I think there are only three bolts holding it to the block but they are a bit hard to get to.

so thats most likely my problem then? I m gonna take a look tomorrow. How hard are the bolts to get at?

theres one big nut holding your oil cooler on. use a gasket from a motorcraft fl-400s filter and you are good to go.

Most likely yes, it's the rubber seal going bad use the old rubber gasket off the old oil filter works like a charm.

-Jerry

Back