Custom THunderbird SC Girdle

Truebird sc

This thread is to see if anyone is interested in a custome made girdle for SC only. It would be sold as a kit with everything u need. This kit will come with arp main studs let me know if anyone is interested.

This thread is to see if anyone is interested in a custome made girdle for SC only. It would be sold as a kit with everything u need. This kit will come with arp main studs let me know if anyone is interested.

there has been a few in the pass that were done up. 1 i know of is coy miller.

as far as i know they didnt sell to well:rolleyes:

there has been a few in the pass that were done up. 1 i know of is coy miller.

as far as i know they didnt sell to well:rolleyes:
The nice thing about the CMRE gridle is that is doesn't require any machining of the main caps. It is pricy though and that's why it didn't sell well.

This thread belongs over here:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108

BTM had a girdle that didn't require cutting the caps as well. I looked into licensing the design and building some once. The right material is really quite expensive, and getting it machined is not cheap. After digging into it a unit cost range that was out of line with what I saw the value to be in the eyes of most SC owners.

If you have an idea...what kind of target unit price did you have in mind?

The nice thing about the CMRE gridle is that is doesn't require any machining of the main caps. It is pricy though and that's why it didn't sell well.

xr7dave said the caps do have to be machined??? i was gonna get one from a friend but i didnt wanna do that much work:rolleyes:

yea im not sure im just going by was i seen posted on here:(

i will post some pics as soon as is done i was just asking cuz since i got one custome made for my block i wanted to know if anyone would be interested in one. By the way the one that is being made for me u dont need to cut anything what so ever. The caps stay the same no cutting needed.

I can always say that anything SC will hav ea limited market. There are several girdles already produced but that doesnt mean there wouldnt be interest in a different design

If you can design one for a 4.2L crank, there might be a market. I don't think any of theones out there will work on the 4.2L crank.

the one Delk sells is built off a Mustang Cap set-up and you have to mill the caps alittle bit.

It does clear the 4.2L crank without any issues.

i have sold one to a guy with a SC engine. and he was susposed to call me back with some info on how it fit and what was needed. but i have not heard back from him about it.

Back