PDA

View Full Version : Pre shootout carnage?

XxSlowpokexX
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Anyone blow up, go on fire or have any technical difficulties before getting to the shootout? I know something always happens to me thats pretty interesting when I'm about to bring my car somewhere. Any word from Big Jim?

19TbirdSC91
10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, I had my car ready to go, but then the master cylinder quit working, so I'll be spectating once again. I swear to god the SC gods have it out for me!

Sean

Blown347
10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Had my garage door grab my hood and bring it back through the windshield about 11.00 o'clock last night.

Chris

ricardoa1
10-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Not sure if I am going but I left the Innovate on last night and discharged the battery/ Does that count?

90blkbrd
10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
No, it doesn't count unless you leave right now. And yes I can say there was some minor time consuming carnage.

CMac89
10-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Damon knows, but we were leaving around 3:00PM yesterday. I wasn't even out of my neighborhood yet and my clutch pedal went to the floor in gear. In neutral, it was fine. Awesome.

Sooooooo, I went to the last place I would ever expect someone to have (and it actually was (AZ)) and bought a clutch master cylinder. We put it in and all was good. Even cured other problems. Haven't tested it while in gear yet, but I'm sure it will be okay. I didn't want to drive in the dark with an untuned car, because we may have trouble on the way down.

Rpdboss
10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
There it is:mad: Deer VS Forester = Deer with 8+ points won, pics to follow
So that means....
No Delmonico steaks, no fillet minion, no tenderloin steaks for everyone
No live coverage of the ShootOut via web cast with laptop & web cam
No HD video of the dyno/track races, antics ect...
No 119 Max NOS fuel to try for cheap
No numerous SC parts to donate
No decent pro photo shoot of all the cars from me (each year was like 2+gigs)
No chance of running the green lx 3.8 drunk on booze/meth
no chance of winning another MP raffle prize:(
Now I gotta spend the weekend pulling the radiator, radiator support/ headlight panel out of the timing cover, remove the ac rad, bang out my hood, buy new headlights/turn signals, bang out a fender and then finally gauge the damage done to the wallet.:mad:

Rpdboss
10-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I was starting to work out the damage on the forester when things got worse. I went inside to get a drink a find a few more tools. My wife had called my dad over to assist with the car and other stuff. He was busy with weed whacking shrubs that blocked a safe view of traffic when pulling out of the driveway. Somehow he got "chainsaw happy" and started removing limbs that were threatening the cars parked in the driveway. Well one good sized limb fell onto our only other registered car (subaru legacy) and spidered the windshield :eek:
Yep, so I cant legally drive the Forester till i get headlight/turn signal and now I shouldn't drive the legacy either:( Seemed it cracked only the inner glass but definitely obvious to law enforcement.
These are pics after the forester was repaired
I had to use dads truck and a ratchet strap to pull several impacted supports outward from the engine bay:rolleyes: . When I find another hood I'm replacing that one, many crumple zone areas made my hood shorter:confused:

Quik95SC
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Well it wasn't meant to be this year I guess. No Mod 2 Title Defense!

Anyway went to start it up and load it on the trailer, and quickly noticed that the check gauges light came on and no oil pressure. Turned it off and tried again, started up and still no oil pressure and check gauge light. Went to open hood to see if perhaps the wire had come loose form the cleaning I had doen the night before and saw this under the car!!!:eek:

You have got to be kidding me!!

So I got to remove the front cover and replace the oil pressure relief valve on Sunday Morning after it took several days to locate a oil pump with the relief valve in it.

So No shootout for me this year, but I guess it could have been worse and done it running down the track at 6000 rpms and screwed the engine up pretty bad.

Anyway See everyone hopefully this spring.

Anthony I am working on coming up to Richmond, KY on Holloween Weekend, is there going to be racing in Clay City that week end?

Let me know what you find out OK!

Take care everyone and hope all made it home safe and sound.

Smitty

ScrapSC
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM
From what I have seen on the website www.mpdragway.com there will be a 1/4 mile midnigh madness on the 31st of October. Would be nice to get some more T-birds there!!!

9250bird
10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Did head gaskets on my car at the beginning of last week, and made it to the shootout to take the title in Mod 1

Thanks